Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Little Black Box..what is it?

Old 04-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Big Frost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Little Black Box..what is it?

Ok, so I was stripping my blazer the other day, im replacing the carpet as well as sound deadening the floor and running wires under there, so all the panels and stuff had to go.

i got around to the passenger side kick panel, and I removed it, but there was a little black box i had to unplug, and its attatched to the kick panel...does anyone know what it is?

my car still runs fine and everything (that I know of) works...and I cant figure out what it is!

Old 04-04-2009, 08:11 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

blazer info?

Old 04-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you are driving a 4wd 2nd Gen, it could be the TCCM...

Got a picture?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Big Frost is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry guys, 96 4 door LS...not 4wd.

I was thinking it could have been the keyless entry...as I purchased my car without a remote, so it wouldn't be able to test that anyway.

Anyone know for sure?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The RKE receiver on the 98+ is located above the driver side lower dash hush panel, behind the DLC (data link connector), but I do not know (nor have the time at the moment) if it is in the same location. You can check to see if you have factory RKE by looking on the RPO code list on the inside of the glove box door. You are looking for RPO code AU0.