Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

mp3 Player ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:04 AM
Beginning Member
jcws6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Both PAC and PIE sell auxiliary adapters for factory stereos. If you can find the right PAC adapter, you should be able to get it for around $50 or so on ebay (brand new).

As for the mount, I swear by Proclips (http://www.proclipusa.com/).

Old 08-17-2009, 07:41 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I had an RDS headunit in my 05, there's no garauntee the PIE will work for you, seeing as it didn't for mine... I'd look at getting the unit from Crutchfield seeing as they're easy to deal with and if it doesn't work, they'll definitely take it back and refund you the money.

I ended up returning the PIE adapter to Crutchfield and paying 300 bucks to get a deck installed with an AUX input... I'll never go back to an FM transmitter.

I'd install the deck yourself though if you could. All you need as far as I know is the mount/fillerplate, harness adapter, antenna adapter.
Reason1: I had a complete butchery on my hands, I ended up going back to get the screws they forgot to put back in from them, and the way they kinked up the harness adapter caused a loose connection, so as I was leaving the place after getting the screws back, my deck stopped working...
Reason2: The money you'd save instead of having some guy who doesn't give a rats *** about your truck install your deck is worth it.

Last edited by oktain; 08-17-2009 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by oktain
I ended up returning the PIE adapter to Crutchfield and paying 300 bucks to get a deck installed with an AUX input... I'll never go back to an FM transmitter.
definitely worth every penny because the quality is much better

Old 08-17-2009, 12:42 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Not just the quality over the FM transmitter though, I had a sub working off the factory deck, but when I got the new deck, the bass sounded more "pure" and punched alot harder. My Delco speakers with the sub now sound almost as good as my father's Bose system in his 2007 Sierra.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:19 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Been looking at this
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDR6...?tp=5684&avf=N

and it has a USB connector for usb mass storages and iPods. Looks like I can hook up my player =D