Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

My amp came in, few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:38 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My amp came in, few questions.

Well my kicker zx750.1 came in today but I have a few questions. Before I was told by hillbilly how to set my gain. You said that my max volts out was like 36.4 or somthing, well I think it only puts out 14.4. Also what is the x-over (hz) it ranges from 50-200. What do I set the base boost (db) to? It ranges from 0 to 18. On the side it has a high input that has 4 pins. They gave me a wire that looks like it would fit in there.Lastly what is the Sub sonic switch. It has an on off switch

Old 01-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: My amp came in, few questions.

the max volts out was the output of the amp. Not the current that if can handle. two totally different things. crossover, set to about 1/3 of the way between 50 and 200. bassboost, if you set the gain right, put it at like 5. and the high level is if you only have a factory head unit. throw it back into the box.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:44 PM

If I listen to just like rap and rock what I need to set my x-over lower? How does that work? An I am guessing I turn sub sonic on? Thanks, appreciate the help. Until I get my hands on VOM? can I just set my volum 3/4 way up and then adjust the gain to where it distorts then just turn it down a little bit? Thats what the kicker manual said.

When I installed all the wiring for my amp, I ran it all under the right side near the foot step things that are all the way to the right on the floor. Thing is, I ran the positive battery cable, rca cable and the remote turn on cable thing together. Is it ok to run all the wires right next to each other. Will they get any crossover signals?

Old 01-09-2007, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont be afraid to set it lower....what ever it sounds best at.....mines at 73hz. sealed. the subsonic filter is so your subs dont play any notes to low that will damage your subs.....it needs to be turned ON for ported boxs....sealed dont require one. Set the volume to the loudest you listen to it, and set the gain from there, donsent have to be at 75%

And typically rca's and power wires should be ran down opposite sides......but now rcas are sheilded, right? so maybe it wont matter...be safe and run them down opposites...

Old 01-09-2007, 10:03 PM

**** I just sealed up the blazer and everything. That means I will have to rip the blazer apart again and re rout the battery cable....

When I had an amp installed at CC once they ran them both down the same side.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:39 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I could be wrong on that one......lets wait for hillbilly........

As far as I can tell, power wires carry the threat of engine noise, which transfers to the rcas, which is not a good thing.....

Old 01-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Administrator

chances are, you will never notice a signal transfer from your power wire. turn crossover to 70 if you want./ not notice much of a difference. and I WOULD turn volume up to 74 percent, that way you aren't compensating for lower volume with increased gain, hence distortion.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:47 PM

lol ok, 75%....74%....does it make a big difference? There is no accurate way of setting my x-over so I set it to where I think its on 80....Also....is it fine to use 12g speaker wire to go from the amp to the sub box. Thats the size wire that came in my 4g 1600w amp kit.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Administrator

i meant to type 75 percent, and yes, 12 gauge is fine. you will not gain any noticible sound from larger speaker wire.