Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

my subs

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 11:01 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

well in that pic the subs where not secured if you notice the date on the pic that was 3 years ago and yes there are 2 amps and they are both adjusted slightly different because the subs are different WELL MAYBE I WOULD BE COOL IF I HAD CUSTOM ENCLOSURE AND MATCHING SUBS AND BIG MONEY UP IN MY SYSTEM but i dont so whatever or maybe your just a bunch of haters

Old 03-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Beginning Member
nickyb123 is on a distinguished road

I don't think anybody is trying to be a hater dude... just wondering whats the point of your setup. There's no reason to give yourself hearing damage, I would think the subs would drown out the rest of the music. You could probably get by with just one of the boxes, and at the same time it would look a lot cleaner.

If you really wanted that much bass, you probably could build a box to hold all 4 for pretty cheap (like less than 60 bucks). Plus you would be able to see out your rear glass.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:18 AM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I wasnt hating in any form. I have a system that hurts you just like his does but I did it with 2 12", I also upgraded all the surrounding speakers and put an amp on them so that I could still here the music and not all bass. I hate when people drive around bumping and all you here is the bass, whats the point of that, why not amplify the whole system so that you can here the "music" the way its supposed to be heard......

By the way, your right that he could build the box for cheaper than 60 bucks. If he has a drill, a jigsaw and a skill saw he could build it for like 35 bucks if he doesnt carpet it. 25 bucks for a sheet of 3/4" mdf, 5 bucks for silicone, and like 5 bucks in screws.... If he wants to carpet it then it would cost him maybe another 10 to 15 bucks in carpet and adhesive.

Last edited by dimone545; 03-06-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:56 AM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

well guys thanks for the nicer comments instead of bashing me you offered info thats a little easier for me to handle but anyways i just took the 2 infinity subs out just gonna stick to the 2 pioneers i wired them one to each amp i dont have all the pressure inside now and i can hear my supercharger better

Old 03-06-2011, 12:34 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

I would've stuck with the Infinitys as they're in a ported box and it'll give you a bit more output than the sealed Pioneers.

I lol at people who try to say their average systems "Hurt" people.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

i had a pair of those EXACT pioneers in my Lumina, and theyre now in the back of my blazer waiting for an amp install, those things are overkill on their own if you ask me!

my lumina was falling apart, every few months i had to take the door panels off and re loktite and tighten the window tracks and door locks and crap, everything was falling apart and i was under powering them too! i could shake cars next to me as well with just the two subs.

what kind of alternator do you have to power all those watts?
what does it sound like from the outside at full volume? like how much stuff rattles?

Old 03-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Starting Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clintonscanon/3740458807/sizes/l/
this is another thing that happened to my trunk, it blew it wide open and only the wiring for the release was left connected, doing nothing. lol i had to drill out the bolt holes and used a pair of 1/2" carriage bolts with 1/4" spacers fished in behind and flange nuts on top of the release unit and it never had another problem again!

Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

I lol at people who try to say their average systems "Hurt" people.[/quote]

There are plenty of people who could easily have an "average system" and still hurt people. When I used to work in a stereo shop I was amazed sometims at the systems that would come through there on a tiny budget. In my opinion the box is the most important part of the system, sure it helps to spend the big bucks on quality equipment but for the most part the average ear will be happy with a lower quality brand if the box is built to the correct specs. It also all depends on what you want. I use to be all about getting the maximum amount of db's out of my systems but now I like the cleaner and more responsive sound of asealed enclosure. I use to always use a vented box becuase if they are built right you can make an 8 hit like a 12 so imagine what 2 12's would have sounded like.......

By the way, i have built a few comp systems so I know what a system can sound like but you dont need 170+ db's to hurt someone.....

Old 03-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Starting Member

put the pioneers in the vented box and run em off one amp! why bother with two?

Old 03-06-2011, 06:57 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 01vortec
I lol at people who try to say their average systems "Hurt" people.

I LOL at people who think average systems cant cause eardrum damage.

A clap of thunder from a nearby storm (120 dB) or a gunshot (140-190 dB, depending on weapon), can both cause immediate damage.

Quick Reply: my subs