Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

need help designing/building system (dont know much about car audio)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 02:15 AM
alphawhisky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help designing/building system (dont know much about car audio)

[align=left]hello gentlemen,
I want to do stereo but dont really know much, i kinda know the verry basics. Now i know that cheap and good dont really go together in same sentance, so im looking for something in the happy medium, im not after a show winning system, but i also dont want crap, i mostly listen to rock dont know if that really matters, also dont know what kind/size speekers i need/want? im just looking for something that will sound pretty good and pretty loud, when cruzin/wheelin, just kind of an averge job nothing fancy. also if you could let me know any other things i am gonna need to know before i start, like some unplanned/enexpected expence, do i need to rewire it, do i need to change or upgrade battery or charging system?

should pobly tell you that it is 1995 4door blazer LT with 4.3 vortec 4wd

if anyone knows anygood websites to learn about systems and what is what that would helpful, and maby what you have in your truck, anything i want to stay away from,

thank you guys and hope to here form you all
[/align]

Old 01-14-2007, 02:37 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: need help designing/building system (dont know much about car audio)

Avoid sony xplode, dual, audiobahn, pyle, pyramid, mmm there's more but I can't think of it. Depending on how far you want to go with it and budget will determine on what to get. Start with a head unit, let us know what you need, ipod hookup, mp3, DVD, etc. After the head unit you will want to upgrade your stock speakers. You could either get some nice coaxials and run them off the head unit. Or better yet get a set of components and run them off an amplifier. Lastly I would determine how much space you want to give up for a sub or subs. You can get away with the stock battery/alt but upgrading is never a bad idea. I don't know the stock amperage on the alt though. You could upgrade the battery to something like a deep cycle sealed battery like an optima yellow top or blue top.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:39 AM
00blackblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: need help designing/building system (dont know much about car audio)

www.the12volt.com alot of good info there.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:29 AM
splat is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 00blackblazer

www.the12volt.com alot of good info there.
^^^+1

Also, crutchfield.com has a sale running currently. Buy one 12" infinity perfect subwoofer, and get the second free. So $145 and you have some really good subs.
Since you listen to alot of rock, I'de suggest going with a sealed box. Those perfects love sealed boxes.
Also, Alpine's newest head unitshave some of the best sound quality out there, not as good as eclipse head unit sound quality. But still better then kenwood, sony, pioneer. The alpine head unit can be had for relativeley cheap as well, under like $200.
Good luck.[sm=smiley20.gif]

As far as anything to stay away from, that would be hard to do as everyone has different taste. Visit www.realmofexcursion.com , and click on videosto see how the subs you pick can withstand abuse.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:27 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

www.onlinecarstereo.com

Old 01-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Well, you have 6.5s in the front doors and the back doors.