Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Need new everything, I got some ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:39 AM
eslhockey92g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need new everything, I got some ???

Well on a recent 4x4 trip i managed to sink my 4dr blazer really well. I had a 4ch kennwood amp under the driver seat(only used 2 ch) that powered mtx componets. I had sony mono amp powering 2 audiobahn 10" woofers. I know for sure the 4ch is shot, And the mono amp was on its way out. I think the subs and speakers are ok. The radio some how was fried. I already picked up a 9856 alpine(my buddy has one and loves is)

But now i dont know what to do for an amp. For starters i LOVE when people get in my car and think everything is stock b/c everthing is hidden. The amp was under the driver seat. The mono amp was mounted verticely in the cargo area on the passenger side and painted black to blend in. And not a single wire was able to be seen. I was thinking about getting a Big 4 ch, using the 2 ch for the speakers and bridging the other 2 ch for the subs. But those amps are usally big. Any one have an idea where i could mount that thing where its not an eye catcher? Also i do move my sub box time to time. From the cargo to behind the seats when i need the extra room so if id put it on the box so i think it would be a pain to have a crap load of wire to have to move around. Any idea or advice?

Old 10-27-2006, 02:18 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Need new everything, I got some ???

Well if ur one amp is shot... Pat's selling a bXi1606 Its black and will blend in except for the lighted Hifonics sign.

Um for mounting places.... I know in the 2 dr some amps can fit under the rear seats. ur kinda SOL for hiding an amp completely in these truck in the cargo area lol. I mean there might be spots that i dont know of. I know in my 2dr i have like little "cargo doors" where its a completely hidden area. opens and closes and all. Its cool idk if a 4dr has that though.

Jag might be able to tell u on that part

Old 10-27-2006, 09:42 AM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd say worry less about hiding the amps and such, worry more about placing them to not get destroyed again.

personally i would put the amp on the back of your back seat. you could also put in a false floor to your cargo bay, put amps under that.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:01 AM

I thought about the back of the seats but i do put them doen from time and slide stuff in and out so they would get ruined. As far as not ruining them agasin. I just spen 4500 bux on a new tranny and motor from that trip, you can take my word on the fact i wont be doing what i did any time soon. I did think of a false floor i like the idea just no time or tools to build it. Could anything work in the tire jack compartment?

Old 10-27-2006, 11:49 AM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

depends on amp size. how many watts do you like to run to subs and components? what did you have exactly?

Old 10-27-2006, 12:31 PM

6001 may be i forget the exact number but there 6.5" mtx componets. I had a 350/4 kennwood i think and i only ran 2 ch of it. The subs are the flame series audiobauhn, 2 10's. I have a sony xplode 800 watt amp on them. i figure im getting about 200 ish rms to the subs and about 80-90rms to the speakers and everything sounds awesome, great highs great bass. A buddy of mine has a dakota r/t that he has the same set up but is using the 500/4 or 450/4 JL amp, 2 ch to eclipse 10" subs the other 2 ch to memphis audio compnets and that sysem sounds awesome. thats where i was kind of thinking doing a big 4ch instead of 2 amps. Im deff gonna pick up 4ch. Just dont know if i wanna get one big enough to power the subs, or to have some room for down the road when i get a pair of rear speakers worht amping. The sony amp does still work, but a: its a sony and b: its going on 6 years and has been it and out of 4 cars. It may be time for a new amp