Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

NEW 15" Kicker CompVR

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: NEW 15" Kicker CompVR

alright, i have pm'd a few of you asking questions and recieved lots of help. but i have a few more questions and figured i would throw them out for anyone to answer.

main question is: what amp should i use for the compVR above? ive been looking at the zx750.1 but i dont want to give 750w to a 500w woofer. how many watts do you think that sub could actually handle? if kicker really does underrate a lot of there products, do you think i would be safe with the 750.1 amp?

i currently have a Dual XIA2460and i wasthinking about justusing that for my new sub but ijust found out today that it is not 460w rms but is 460 peak. however it is a 2-channel amp so im thinking of using that for my front speakers. would i just plug it into my cd player and then plug my front speaker wires into it? would i have to upgrade the wires going to the speakers?

here is a preliminary box design if anyone wants to look. im trying to make it fit over the wheel well to save some cargo space. i will make it much more rounded and the vent/port will be different. the sub will point up and im gonna try and cover it with the same color carpet as my interior. im open to all advice/critisicm i havent started building anything yet so if you notice something that needs to be redesigned i can definitely change it.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

hey man, i thought we were through this. You can throw that zx750.1 at it. i have put about 1200 to one. you will be fine, just take it easy on the sub for the first week or so, and then you can turn it up a lil.

box looks good, but as i said in pm's, i would just cut off that step for the wheel hump. you have plenty of room without it. you will probably only need about 4.5 cubes after port and sub displacement.

but im done with this now. I have given you enough advice to make this project work, but apparently that is not enough.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

do you think I would be ok buying a refurb zx750? they seem to be about $30 less than if I were to buy it new.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

if the warranty is the same i might, but its only $30, why not just get new.....

Old 10-18-2007, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran

well the sub came in today, so now its time to start building my box. i probably will just buythe amp new