Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

New 3-way Component Set

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough
Default New 3-way Component Set

All I gotta say is HOLY CRAP! What a set! These got here Tuesday and thanks to work I've not been able to get my hands on them until this morning and I must say I'm quite impressed. First, by the weight, they're heavy and at 23lbs shipping weight according to the UPS label they're heavier than an SA-8. Second was the size, the box is the biggest I've ever seen for a component set as you'll see in the pictures. Speaking of which, here they are:

If you notice the two white boxes in the upper left of the picture, those are color laser printer toner cartridge boxes. Kinda gives you some perspective on the size of the box.

Here you see them in the box, not much room left over.

It's hard to really grasp the size of the box, until you give it something show just how big it is. As you can see next to the box for the CS60K's it's quite large.

They sure are a beautiful set.

The tweeter and midrange both have very nicely machined aluminum rings around them.

The crossover weighs as much as the midrange and tweeter combined. It's built very well IMHO.

The midbass is quite a work of art. I doubt the picture can show it very well but the tinsel leads are sewn down to the spider with a soft sleeve on them to help prevent noise in the event they contact the cone. The machined aluminum frame is very nice and clean as well.

These are without a doubt the nicest components I've ever owned and I'm REALLY itchin' to get them installed. The build quality is very nice, and the fit and finish is just about as good as it gets. Due to the design of the midrange and tweeter the mounting options will be limited to flush mounting which could be a problem for some, however if you're looking at a set in this price range chances are your installation skills can handle it anyway. At any rate, I just wanted to share with you all just how nice the set is, hopefully I'll be able to give my thoughts on just how good they sound here asap. I'll be running them in the wife's van on the Sundown 100.4 bridged which will give them 320wrms each channel.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:18 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

Bravox *droooool*

Install pics asap!

Old 04-10-2011, 09:11 AM

Thanx man... hoping to get them installed sooner rather than later for sure.... I've got full installs to do in my Jimmy, my lil bro's car, and a co-workers truck, along with an enclosure build, amp and HU install in a friends truck and finishing the sub enclosure for my lil sis's truck... so, I got a busy *** schedule ahead of me.... like I said, hopefully sooner rather than later.... LOL

Old 04-10-2011, 12:57 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

I had actually thought about rocking two sets of those same components, the 6.5's in doors/kicks, the 3" built into the a pillars with two per pillar, and the tweets i'm not sure what I'd do with. The price has came down so much on those it's not funny. Get them from sound solutions?

Old 04-10-2011, 06:19 PM

Yep, sure did. Sound Solutions Audio for $329... a steal IMHO....

Old 04-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Beginning Member
SlipAngle is on a distinguished road

That is going to be tough to install. I can't wait to see pictures after completion.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:46 PM

Eh, no tougher than any other custom install I've done. If a person would try to install them in the factory locations with the factory mounting rings/brackets then yeah, it would be tough, very tough. I haven't installed anything in the factory mounting location with the factory ring/bracket in YEARS before I threw the PG's in the doors of the Jimmy. I had to on that cuz the factory speakers were blown and I didn't have time at the time to do anything else and needed my music. Since then I've gotten the MDF baffles bulit, and when I get the enclosure and amp rack built, it will all go in it at once. I removed the factory ring/bracket and built custom MDF baffles for the van on it's first system installation, all this component set will require is a little ingenuity on the mounting locations of the mid and tweet, the installation itself will go without much difficulty. Don't worry, there will be pictures, the trick is finding the time to do it.