Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

off road lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 04:53 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road
Default RE: off road lights

Really? well i really didnt have a hard time with my door panels so hopefully the headliner wont be a problem. Now I'm deabting between 2 and 4 lights and rectangular or round. Plus i need to figure out how to bring the lights as far foward as possible on the stock roof rack.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:58 PM

Really? well i really didnt have a hard time with my door panels so hopefully the headliner wont be a problem. Now I'm deabting between 2 and 4 lights and rectangular or round. Plus i need to figure out how to bring the lights as far foward as possible on the stock roof rack.

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

heykiwiblazer, where did you get the lightbar for your roof and how much was it? thanks

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2008, 01:16 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

The lightbar as you call it was one rail ofan old set of roof racks that apparently came off a Jeep Cherokee. I then madeali brackets which I screwed to the front of the roof rails as you will see in my album. That was about as far forward as I could get it without it looking odd on the roof. So to answer your question it cost $0.00!! You should be able to get a similar roof rack from your local scrap yard / wrecker or whatever they're called in the States.

btw - rectangular lights look more in keeping with the squareness of the truck. Just my opinion & 4 looks much neater.

My lights were cheap chinese knock-offs boughtlocally from the equivelent of K-Mart. In fact I since found K-Mart here also have these lights.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:48 PM

thanks kiwiblazer. The light i was thinking of were cheap anyway. Maybe i'll see what i can do with another rail so it can come forward a little. Thanks again.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:52 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

No problem.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

those lights look awesome man.
i was thinkin of putting some clearance lights like the ones found on the superdutys.
i found a kit and was wondering how hard and long it takes to get the headliner down part of the way to wire the lights up. any suggestions about tieing into an existing switch or power accessory would be helpful.
thanks