Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Off-Road Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 02:27 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default Off-Road Lights

I am considering putting a set of KC Hilites in my roof... I want to mount them to the roof rack though.... Has anyone done this? If so, how does it look.... post some pics. . . thanks.

Old 10-29-2006, 02:28 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Off-Road Lights

flyshychick has em on hers. theres a pic in the ROTM voting

Old 10-29-2006, 03:29 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he means the factory roof rack. I've seen it done before and I think it looks just fine.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:46 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

Ah

my bad lol

Old 10-29-2006, 06:59 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

I've got them on my roof rack. I'll have to get some newer pics to show ya. I think they look just fine.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

i was thinkin about doin that but how would you run all the wiring??

Old 10-30-2006, 04:12 PM

Ok I got some pics up. They are in my photo gallery. Not the best but I think you get the idea. As for the wiring... its up to you if you wanna drill into your roof or not. I choose not to and just ran the wires from the rack to the rear doors (4 door one for each side) to the power and ground. Link to my pics here.

Old 10-30-2006, 05:19 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

That looks great! I am definitely going to have to put them on my roof. . . I think i'm only doing two though (cause im cheap)... thanks for the help

Old 10-30-2006, 08:44 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: iceflames11

Ok I got some pics up. They are in my photo gallery. Not the best but I think you get the idea. As for the wiring... its up to you if you wanna drill into your roof or not. I choose not to and just ran the wires from the rack to the rear doors (4 door one for each side) to the power and ground. Link to my pics here.

How is the lighting on that? does it cut off at the roof line? does it cause a glare on the windshield at all?

I am tempted to use mine for a light rack, I can put some aiming out back for well backing up in the dark maybe?

Old 10-31-2006, 02:32 AM

The lighting is pretty good. The lights aren't the best but they serve their purpose. They don't glare on the windshield at all. Only problem is I have a sunroof and they do glare in there quite a bit, so I just keep the cover closed and its all good. As far as cutting off at the roof line... ya know I can't tell. Your headlights take up the empty space that the roof would block light from so it really doesnt matter. Oh and just a side note, if you don't want to drill into your rack to install them, use metal hose clamps. You can get them really cheap and they work great. I've had the truck going pretty fast and they don't move at all, on or off road.