Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Opinions and help wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 06:40 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep. I got my Opti2000d for 302$ refurbished with a two year warrenty. They also have a Opti drive series amp that's around 1200 or 1500 watts that might better suit you. The one I have is fused for 180 amps and will suck the power. I'm talking to Nathan at Excessive Amperage about a 250 amp alt as week speak...

I try not to refer specific amps because my tastes are diffrent from the majority. But MtTopper won't steer you wrong. I second the Rockford power 1000.1bd. I had a older 2002 or so model and it Slammed at one ohm all day!

Mt has some good knowledge and he listed some great ideas. One other amp that came to mind is the audiopipe AP 1500d. It can be had for $239 on cardiacountstereos.com and does some good power. But some people might give you a hard time if you go with a lesser or more underground amp like what I like.

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 05-12-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Beginning Member
shoff22 is on a distinguished road

you need to make sure your matching the impedance on the amp and sub as for the rcas if you dont have a pass thrugh on the amp you can get a spliter or if your amp is capable you can run your subs in parelell or seires depending on the impedance

Old 05-12-2010, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Screwed, i was just trying to give him specific ideas as you said, i've run all kinds of amps in the last 4 years. I've had ranging from power acoustic, powerbass, JL, kenwood, Kicker, Fosgate, Pioneer, and coustic at one time or another. usually lowners from buddies or someone selling something they wanted 50 for and i turned and sold it for twice.

@Shoff22, are you saying to make sure that he wires the subs in either parallel or series to match the ohm load of the amp? and if he runs 2 amps to get RCA splitters if he doesn't have an output on his mono block?

I couldn't figure out what went to what in your post the first 2 times i read it.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:59 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

lol thanks guys for the great ideas! this whole plan is still in the works and i need a few more paychecks to roll in before i can focus on my sound system again however i will keep all these in mind!

Old 05-12-2010, 08:21 PM
BF Veteran

As always, ask me or screwed... heck, pm me and i'll give you my cell and we can talk about it in person. you're what, 20 minutes away from me?

Old 05-13-2010, 06:37 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MTopper
You can get a great amp for $400.. Heck, JL Audio G-MAX is 1200rms at 2 ohms for right around $400. its 600 rms at 4ohms.

You can get an MB quart 1500.1 for about $250. 1500rms at 1 ohm

Rockford Fosgate P1000-1bd 1000rms at 1ohm

and a bunch of (not lower quality) but lesser named amps for cheaper than that. Screwed got his huge Lanzar for like $300 if i remember correctly
Good amp! I have the Discus and it will rip my MTX 10 apart!

Old 05-14-2010, 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=MTopper;329266]Screwed, i was just trying to give him specific ideas as you said, QUOTE]

I got ya, like I said when it comes to lesser known amps, as soon as I post or reccomend a certain model amp I get the whole "Man that company sucks, my buddies aunts cousins friends brothers in law twice removed overheard a guy that didn't like that amp". Although I should know by now that this forum isn't like that. Old habits die hard.

But as I said, you have alot of experince with EXACT models, and alot of what I reccomend is things I haven't had hands on but is what I would get in the situation, so thats why I let you list specific models and I cosigned on one of your suggestions. Ive only ran 8 diffrent brand subwoofers and 6 diffrent brands of amps including what I've ran in moms car. But I have done years of research and know alot of people that have used diffrent things and have helped them on installs and such.

I practice the addage of any brand, well almost any brand, can sound good it's up to the installer to set everything up right. Plus there is NO audio stores in my area so I've used alot of lower name brands off line than someone that lives in a city area that has more access to things. I'm a little bit country, your a little bit rock and roll! lol!

Can't wait to see what the OP picks for an amp... (Steer this pirate ship back around...)

Old 05-15-2010, 02:14 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah, i hear ya. I've run about 8 different amps in my cars alone. Then there are the installs i've done in my friends cars, random peoples cars, and amps i've "heard" on speakers/subs i've had personal experience with. I'm the kid who when i sit in a car i hear the problems. right now i hate my car because i'm only running speakers going 100hz and higher because of how bad the distortion is below that.

Anyways, Whenever Blazerguy gets to buying his stuff i'll probably hear from him on facebook haha. He lives about 20-30 minutes away from me and have yet to meet him haha

Old 05-15-2010, 06:52 PM

Thats cool. Nobody on the forum lives around me. And ditto on the ears. I'm like a mechanic on a test drive. Just let me hear it and I can tell you whats wrong and how to fix it. lol

Don't know how much longer I'm gonna be like that, my ears are already shot. With loud high pitch noises I get a sound in my ear like someone crinkling aluminum foil near my ear. And they pop frequesntly. I guess playing electric guitar and being into car audio is a double whammy of hearing problems sometimes, lol.

But what are you doing this weekend? You mentioned debating on a few things in the "another stupid forum game" thread. Drop, subs, sundown amp?

Old 05-16-2010, 01:33 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah, i have 160 from selling my W6, i have $200 from saving up, so thats 360, its 320 for the 4 channel Sundown Amp, its 170 for the drop, and its 300 for 2 10w3v3s from my local dealer. So, do i wait for my paycheck to come in in two weeks or do i slowly start spending now?

And like you said, i have my list of needs and wants, i already took care of 3 needs, now its time for a big want.. lowering kit followed by maintenance, then the rest going everyother

Quick Reply: Opinions and help wanted