Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Radio Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 PM
jimferra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Radio Installation

Hey ladies and gentlemen, a noob here, my question is im installing radio amp and speakers. Has ANYONE found a way to route the power wire for an amp, (which ill be putting in cargo area), right now i have the wire running were i dont want it, which is on the d/s where the hinge is inside the fender, there no chance of it getting cut, but i was hoping to get it thru the firewall, which seems imposible!!!!! its a 97 blazer 4dr. Any Help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!! Thanks inadvance..

Old 02-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Brian_L is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Radio Installation

You should already have a pretty decent sized whole/grommet in the firewall by the drivers side for all the wiring going into the dash. If its not big enough have fun drilling through it! Haha its tough.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:09 PM
mrafindley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Radio Installation

This is a sore subject I got slammed the other day for asking the same question...They should really make this a sticky anyway on the passenger side pull the carpet a little bit and you will see where the ant. cable goes through use that hole shove the wire thru about a ft and look under the hood and there you go. I have the ant. wire a 8ga. wire and a 00 cable running thru that one hole and just changed the grommet