Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Radio issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Beginning Member
dempsey is on a distinguished road

To check the format if your music go to iTunes and right click on a song and click on properties. Under kind is the type of format your songs are in... They are probably in aac. Check the owners manual to see if it will read aac format.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Aumiller15 is on a distinguished road

Thanks I'll check

Old 01-04-2014, 12:15 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

The iTunes protected AAC format can't be read by anything but iTunes or an Apple device with the proper account information for the file. They do it so people can't just copy and share their purchased music.

You will not be able to play the songs in that format on any HU. Standard AAC maybe, but not the iTunes protected AAC direct from the iTunes music library without any modification.

You mentioned you have an iPod and you obviously have purchased music from iTunes, why aren't you just using the iPod? There's absolutely NO advantage that comes to my mind for using a thumb drive over the iPod.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Aumiller15 is on a distinguished road

It's the albums and the way it's setup there's no room for the cds

Old 01-04-2014, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech
The iTunes protected AAC format can't be read by anything but iTunes or an Apple device with the proper account information for the file. They do it so people can't just copy and share their purchased music.

You will not be able to play the songs in that format on any HU. Standard AAC maybe, but not the iTunes protected AAC direct from the iTunes music library without any modification.

You mentioned you have an iPod and you obviously have purchased music from iTunes, why aren't you just using the iPod? There's absolutely NO advantage that comes to my mind for using a thumb drive over the iPod.
Yup, that is why I have 2 folders on my computer with all the same music. One that is for i-tunes, the other that is for putting on the flash drive.... or I just hook up my ipod.. problem solved on both accounts.