Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

radio removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Beginning Member
chevynuts is on a distinguished road
Default radio removal

I have the dash apart on my 03 and have taken out the 3 screws from the sides of the radio. It comes out about an inch and a half and stops . Am I not pulling hard enough or what else is there holding it?

Old 12-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Allwaysblazin is on a distinguished road

No. GM are cheapskates. shortening the wires saves lots of money. you got to scrape your hand up and get it in there and unplug it . Look the radio up in the manual to see what the back looks like (how to undo the plugs). You can yank it a little without hurting it. Turn on your heat and get it real warm in the dash, the wires will be more flexable. Hope this helps. :}

Old 12-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Beginning Member
chevynuts is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Allwaysblazin
No. GM are cheapskates. shortening the wires saves lots of money. you got to scrape your hand up and get it in there and unplug it . Look the radio up in the manual to see what the back looks like (how to undo the plugs). You can yank it a little without hurting it. Turn on your heat and get it real warm in the dash, the wires will be more flexable. Hope this helps. :}
Thank you for your help. My problem was getting it out of the dash far enough to unplug it! I just really yanked and it came out your info gave me some confidence!