Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

rca inputs on radio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 11:17 AM
blazerscooby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rca inputs on radio?

i have never taken out the stock cd player in my blazer. i was wondering does the player have rca connections in the back of it, to connect an amp to it? or do you have to get a conversion kit for it to work? any help would be great.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:59 PM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: rca inputs on radio?

Everytime I needed rca output on a stockradio I never got them lol. I am pretty sure you are not going to have them either. You can get a adapter for them and hook it up to the speaker wires but they never sound the same as real outputs. I would get a new deck. Goodluck.

Old 02-18-2006, 07:11 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, there are very few stock units with rca preouts. youll need to get a line out converter. and yes, the SQ on LOCs suck really bad.

Old 02-18-2006, 07:37 PM
blazerscooby is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i hear ya. im not going to use a line out converter. the SQ does suck. i was trying to save some money but i will go buy a cd player. the stock unit works great but cannot expand. oh well thats life

Old 02-20-2006, 04:42 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazerscooby

yeah i hear ya. im not going to use a line out converter. the SQ does suck. i was trying to save some money but i will go buy a cd player. the stock unit works great but cannot expand. oh well thats life
well stock units are crappy. they dont sound good, have weak internal amps, arent expandable, dont have any features, etc etc. so def get a nice aftermarket unit

Old 02-21-2006, 10:14 PM
audiophyl is an unknown quantity at this point

Your stock GM radio will not have any RCA outputs on the back. To hook up a sub amplifier, you can use a line level convertor or the high level inputs on your amplifier.

Depending on your amplifier, you will get decent sound out of the high level inputs. Look at a MTX Audio amplifier, if you are planning on retaining your stock head unit, as they have very good high level inputs. The Thunder series amplifiers come with speaker wire that has an rca plug on the end, which hooks up directly to the amplifier. Additionally, they have turn on technology that eliminates the need to have to run a seperate remote wire.

Hope this helps!!!