Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Re-wiring Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Starting Member
Sorell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re-wiring Lights

For all the wiring pros on here

I want to re-wire my stock fog lights to turn on whenever my headlights are on (which are automatic) then have the factory fog light switch wired to the new fog lights I will be getting right away which will go on my roof rack. How hard is it to do this keeping it all like it just came out of the factory and without any issues with fuses? Has anyone done this recently?

Old 01-13-2008, 09:12 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Re-wiring Lights

im anything but a pro at this, but you can probably cut the power/ground from the OEM fogs and splice them into power and ground for the lowbeams. that way, you OEM fogs should come on with you lows.

then, yourOEM fog switch can be connected to the roof lights. that way you OEM fogs should always be on (assuming your low's are on also) and then you have the option to turn you roof lights on and off whenever you want (again, lows must be on)...

it might be better to splice the OEM fogs into the lows and then wire in a secondary switch for the roof lights, that way you can turn them on whenever you want. even when the truck is off

Old 01-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

Its simple actually... take the power wire for the fog lights and tap it into the turquoise color wire of the headlight switch.

once you take the dash out, the headlight switch has a turquoise wire, this one I found supplies power when the headlights turn on...take the orignal fog lights power wire and tap it into that....

Shouldnt be too hard...

Old 01-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Starting Member
Sorell is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds pretty easy; do you know which wire I'd connect the positive wire of the fog lights to with the headlights-or just the negative/power wire?

Forotnietdehoooo, I'd like to keep any change inwiring up in the dash and have it look pretty well factory to anyone who happens to go wandering behind my dash... I know that doesn't make much sense, but ya