Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

rear speaker troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Beginning Member
schimmi021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rear speaker troubleshooting

I have no power in either rear speak but the front ones work fine, and i never have any trouble with sound fading in and out.It's not a huge issue just wondering if anybody has any ideas what the problem might be?

97 4dr. 4x4

Old 02-17-2009, 10:12 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: rear speaker troubleshooting

Wow chevy did a good job on making the same mistake over and over and over again. I have a 97 4dr too and i have the same problem, but only with 1 speaker. I have new speakers all up front, im just too lazy to look at the rear speakers.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:36 PM
bob52 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha i dont know if this is funny to anyone else but it sure is to me... i also have a 97 4 door... it also has the same problem... the speakers in the dash and front two doors work great but the ones in the rear doors do nothing at all... i put a pioneer deck and two kicker cvr 12s in it and it sounds great when your in the front two seats but anyone who is riding in the back seat complains about the bass overpowering the mids and highs...

Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 PM
BudRacing is an unknown quantity at this point

My 99 2 door has a defective rear speaker too.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:43 AM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell ya guys what, since this seems to be a popular issue, i'm going to tear open the back doors tomorrow and see if I can find anything interesting...

Old 02-22-2009, 08:25 PM
kgkern01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just about to post a thread asking about this. I have a 2001 and since I bought it, the front speakers work fine, but I have no sound in the rear. If I fade it all the way to the rear, I have no sound. I guess no one else knows what's going on with this either?

Old 02-22-2009, 10:48 PM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

Wow! My left rear speaker doesn't work either.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:30 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i had the same problem with my 2dr last summer. They were going on and off then one day they stopped all together. So i tore the back panel out to find out what was wrong. This is where it gets weird. No sound comes from the stock rear speakers so i hooked up some aftermarket ones and they worked fine. So i tried the stock ones again and no sound. So i just put some aftermarket ones back there. Put everything back together and haven't had a problem since. Afterward i tested the old speakers with my home stereo and the worked fine. So i came to a conclusion that the wiring was good, the speakers were good but you put them together and they don't work. Doesn't make any sense to me but whatever it gave me an excuses to get new speaker.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

My 95 4 door has a defective rear passenger side speaker. Maybe I'll rip mine apart to and have a look. I guess the easiest way to see if it's the wires is to use a voltage tester. Stupid delco.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Beginning Member
missaero is an unknown quantity at this point

My rear Speakers sometimes work and other times not. My left front stopped working too. What do people think about this? loose connector to cd player unit?

Quick Reply: rear speaker troubleshooting