Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

rear speaker troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 05:56 PM
genikz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: rear speaker troubleshooting

Same here. 2000 Blazer, dash speakers work great, front door speakers are fine, but rear speakers - nada. If it's as simple as throw aftermarket speakers in then I'll do it, but a cheaper fix would be nice.

PVT Pablo, let us know what you find man.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
scodo68 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem on my 95 instaled a alpine and the front speakers work fine and no power to the back.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:35 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did chevy go to find their vehicle electricians? High School electronics classes??

Old 02-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Beginning Member
runnin blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i think all the blazers had this problem why i bought mine the guy told me all 6 speakers where replaced with polks because the 2 rear door speakers wouldnt work.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:27 PM
scodo68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where do the wires go after they leave the door? do they run under the seats and to the back of the dash? I want to run wires from my headunit to the rear doors.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:40 AM
polecat is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem on my 98 and now on my 2001 replaced them in the 98 and gonna do the same on the 01 only thing I can figure is the clips that connect to the factory speakers are corroding and no longer making connection so when you put in aftermarket and cut those clips off it fixes them

Old 02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Beginning Member
OneLoudBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here lol, 1997 4 door, back 2 are junk lol

Old 03-07-2009, 12:50 AM
95blazerlt is on a distinguished road

i have 95 blazer same prob, put in a new deck yesterday .. front speakers work great, rears no go, so i put a 9v battery across the speaker wires to see if the speakers made some static but didnt get any , so i ran new speaker wires right from headunit back to the connector at the pillar were the wires come through to the body and still no go, going to replace the speakers tommorow and see if that works.... its really annoying not having them as i dont have a sub or anything....

Old 03-07-2009, 03:11 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

ha this is a funny thread. Same thing here. My driver door speaker just cut out a few days after I bought the truck. It just gave me an excuse to get new speakers all around. lol

Old 03-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by scodo68
Where do the wires go after they leave the door? do they run under the seats and to the back of the dash? I want to run wires from my headunit to the rear doors.
The wires run right up the sill panel and under the dash. Pull the panels off and check the speakers connections. then try to pop them with a 9v battery.

Quick Reply: rear speaker troubleshooting