Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Recommendation for 93 full size blazer conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:12 AM
ReB
ReB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommendation for 93 full size blazer conversion

As Christmas is fast approaching,i am going to get my wife to buy me a new cd/mp3 player.Problem is,I have a 93 full size 2 door blazer.If anyone know how the console is laid out the oem isnt very wide but is tall and the ac controls are right under it.Im not sure if i can replace the radio above the ac controls with a new player or if i am going to have to put the new radio where the tape deck is which would be a slight reach while driving(sure most know the situation).Also @ a later date after i redo the interior i am wanting to upgrade(amp,sub,etc.-dont want the truck to shake just want it to sound very good and fairly loud,buckshot mudders and no exhaust @ moment,lol)but thats another post -possibly around income tax time.Not sure what kind of radio to get (looked around and saw double din,etc,etc,got confused and came here)Would like a quality radio around the 200$ to 250$ range if any ideas and would like to know where it is going to have to be installed(which i will do myself).As i am a audio newbie not sure what wattage and other specs i should be looking for.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:29 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Recommendation for 93 full size blazer conversion

Should be simple.

Buy ur headunit online of course.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/stor...hp/cPath/52_56

check that out.

I'm a personal fan of pioneer as mine has had a 5 year run and is still goin lol

Old 12-12-2006, 04:03 AM
amberleee is an unknown quantity at this point

They should have a dash kit for your blazer at walmart they do for other models when you are wanting to install your own cd players. They have them for 2nd gens should have them for yours to.good luck

Old 12-12-2006, 10:33 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

also you could check out www.crutchfield.com

they have good prices too and free shipping

Old 12-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Yes, if you shop from crutchfield.com most of the time they will give you the dash kit, wiring harness, and antenna adapter free. there are two different dash kits listed for your turck, metra part numbers 99-3000, and 99-3001. the antenna is 40-GM10 and the wiring harness is 70-1858.

You cannot beat the deal from crutchfield.com.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:51 PM
BF Veteran

bleh reading owns me

Old 12-12-2006, 10:05 PM
ReB

Thanks guys,am i going to have to put the new player where the tape deck is now or can i get one that will fit where the buttons are above the ac controls.Want it to look as stock as possible but with great performance.Would like for it to go where the buttons are above the ac controls but i thinnk it would have to be a special model as the oem is tall and not very wide.Dont want to use cheap looking plastic pieces to cover holes in dash also,may have no choice?Also what kind of specs should i be looking for,as i said im an audio newbie,possibly some exact model recommendations as well as best bang for ur buck?

Old 12-13-2006, 01:48 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

take a shot of ur console so we can see where exactly ur talking about....most likely though it will replace the stock radio location....as for models, pioneer as Xblazer01 said, is very good, i also recommend a lower end Eclipse. they are very nice as well

Old 12-13-2006, 02:51 AM
ReB

Well i know its not a pioneer or an eclipse,but seems like a good deal with quite a few options,but i know things arent always what they seem.http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Pq3gUDr...mp;i=257KDHDR1 Dont even know that much about the hd radio,if that feature is even worth it.Seems like it would be?Thought about the sirius/xm but just cant see paying for radio,but may change my mind one day.Mainly my weekend truck anyway,have a work van so to me now wouldnt be worth the 13 $.Just want to be sure i choose the right head unit.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:24 AM
BF Veteran

we cant see what that is.

says its unavailible.

HD radio is all dependant on where u live. only like BIG cities have HD radio.