Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

replacing the bose reciever

Old 11-15-2009, 01:15 PM
old 5k0ol is on a distinguished road
Default replacing the bose reciever

Ive already learned that id have to run speaker wires if i replace the head unit because the bose speakers are amp powered. what i was wondering is since the bose amp is wired to the speakers couldnt i get a new amp and us the existing wires that go to the bose amp to connect the speakers to my new amp?

Old 11-15-2009, 01:38 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If it's the same type of connections, Yes... You'll have to get to your amp and see if the bose amp uses white/red RCA cables and if it does, a new amp should go right in place.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:24 PM

so obviously both sets of wires(ins/outs) must be there it just depends how they connect? Should i get 2 amps; one for the subs in the front doors, and one for the ones in the dash and rear door?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:49 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Im not sure, I don't have the Bose system, I was just suggesting checking your connections to see if you can upgrade... Are there subwoofers in the doors with the Bose system? I thought they'd just be speakers, if that's the case get a speaker amp, and install a good subwoofer and get a mono amp for that.

Someone else with a little more know how with the BOSE system will hopefully chime in.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:41 AM

still waiting for that chime in.. lol

Old 11-17-2009, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I have the BOSE system. I don't think there are and subs in the doors..but I could be wrong. As for using 2 amps, it's really up to how much power you're going to run. I was under the impression once you removed the BOSE amp and replaced it with something else you will lose any BOSE features. If you do that then it's really up to you how you want to wire it.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:00 PM

i want to replace my bose reciever and not run wires for all of my speakers. i figured since the wires are already run to the bose amp that i could use them for a new amp. i took my front door panel off once and the speakers are mounted facing outward and if u listen to them while they're on they are low range.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:16 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Sooo you're just looking to put in an aftermarket deck and keep all the same speakers? Well I don't see why you would have to rewire everything. The new deck will have a wiring harness (may be purchased separately) which you wire into the dash without touching the speakers or amp.
I may be misunderstanding your question or missing something. I've never really looked into replacing the deck or system since I think it sounds awesome stock. If I am then sorry. I'm sure someone with more expertise in this area will come along.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 PM

i would have to run wires because the stock speakers are powered by the bose amp and u cant use the bose amp on any other reciever. the stock unit doesnt have wires from it to the speakers, they all go to the amp.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:59 PM
BF Veteran

Well now you're teaching me something...LOL. Like I said I've never looked into the replacing of the system, so I'm going to step out before I make more of a fool of myself. Sorry I couldn't be more help man. You will get your answer shortly I'm sure.