Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

slight problem...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Beginning Member
Eraston is on a distinguished road
Default slight problem...

ok so just recently we had to redo my entire brakes... (that was fun!...sarcasm)

during that adventure we had to cut my RCA cables going to my amp because they were in the way and at the time it seemed alot faster and easier to just cut and put them back together then to take off all the panels it was running under.

Sad to say when we put them back together...the wire didnt work, yay!

i tried another set of RCA cables that i had to make sure we didnt screw the amp or the reciever or something while working. It all worked fine.

i left the amp off and no RCA's connected so i wouldnt have to leave the radio out of the panel because the RCA i had was too short. So 2 days later i went and bought a long enough RCA cable.

but now for some reason, when i connect both RCA's into the amp (after being connected to the reciever. The amp goes into protect mode and wont work.

I took off both the RCA's from the amp and tried the radio to make sure it wasnt the reciever.

I then began to put the RCA's back into the amp and it started to work as soon as i put the RIGHT rca in...(i got excited)...then i put the LEFT rca in and the amp began to beep and went back into protect mode again.

I tried the same process using the OTHER rca cable and it did the same thing. So now im at a stuck...it seems that whenever i put an RCA to the LEFT rca the amp stops working and obviously having 1 rca just doesnt push enough sound to even sound crappy lol...not to mention im sure its bad for the amp.

can anyone help me out?

and i bought the amp off a buddy so i dont have instruction manuals its a Nitro BMW-482

thnx in advance, this is driving me crazy!

Old 04-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Beginning Member
Eraston is on a distinguished road

ok so small update...i've been using the amp on 1 rca for this while i found a fix...

today i decided to plug in the second to see if the problem still existed...

amazingly enough it workeD!

for about 1hour lol then it went bck to only working on 1 rca...i dunno what to do and this is driving me crazy as i really need it working for a outdoor party im hosting soon and my truck is gonna be my lighting/music for it.