Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

sound deadning question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 PM
tonkpils is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: sound deadning question

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

pok hes ur "wanted reply"

open your tail gate, now on both your left and right, you will see vent like things, they vibrate ALOT, i stuffed mine with weather stripping, and havent heard from them sense, they make ALOT of rattle, and might be your main casue
ya know i thought about that but would you be able to hear those rattling that bad on the inside?

Old 04-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh yeah, it sound ike a few screws were lose, even though its small the little rubber things make alot of noie that you can hear everywhere

Old 04-02-2008, 11:35 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

They'll pick up the vibration, kick it over to the body, and you get vibrations in weird places you wouldn't think of.

Also have you sealed up the jack storage? What about the black plastic panels on the outside that might vibrate from the metal vibrating inside?

And do you hear more rattle on the outside or inside?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: tonkpils

ya know i put alot of thought into what you said here and i have to ask myself when did i say help me now? i waited a full day with 25 views and 0 replies before i even bumped my thread...so just exactly how is that a help me now attitude? ya know i am a member on other forums but even if someone asks a stupid question like " what does a cap do?" i dont flame him and yell SEARCH,,,i will offer my opinion.
Sorry, you are correct. I'll retract that statement and decide not to follow that up with another description of your attitude here.

And since when is it flaming to recommend a search? Especially when I did a simple search with the first word that popped into my head and turned up so many results in tune with what you were asking... Sorry if you took it that way... I did a quick search for dynamat that turned up MANY threads on the subject of rattle problems. Sounds like help to me... But then again, No one here could have read your mind to know that you have already read through ALL of those threads and tried ALL of those recommendation. And since... Well... You didn't say that you did... See the disconnect? But whatever.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:35 PM
tonkpils is an unknown quantity at this point

swart i will apologize for coming off like that.

and the rattles are more outside than inside but i care more about the ones on the inside