Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

speakers

Old 11-01-2006, 02:26 AM
93s15jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default speakers

i have a stock sound system in my jimmy. it has a pontiac cd player in it now but used to have a stock gm cd player. anyways i want to keep the stock head unit but i want to upgrade the speakers. im looking to upgrade all the speakers. what would be the best speakers to get for it? i want speakers that have good bass but dosn't sound crappy when i turn it up. the stock speakers had good bass, but i want more without having to put a set of subs and a box and all that stuff.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:44 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: speakers

WELL! if u want the best Check out the RE XXX Components.

I think there out of ur price range though cause yea wow. lol.

Um Anything will really make you happy. Check out Infinities, Diamond of course and Some Pioneer's will make you happy. There is a huge assortment out there that will fit your needs I'm sure.

I'm sure pat can suggest a few when he's see's this in the morning

Old 11-01-2006, 04:14 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Infinity reF series are nice for the money, as well as Diamonds as my young padawan sugggested. Yea, really anything will sound better, except maybe sony and jensen. check out sites like crutchfield.com or onlinecarstero.com and look around. millions of choices. then if you want our opinion, link to them so we can check em out

Old 11-01-2006, 09:58 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

another route would be just to amp em.......drastic improvment in sound. Since your not going too crazy with ur system I suggest pioneer speakers.....for the $ they are great.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:25 PM

thanks for the input all. im gonna look at crutchfield and see what they have. i might just go with some poineers since they seem to not be that expensive.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

lol ive been trying to get rid of a set of 6.5" JL VR components for a while now if ur interested

Old 11-02-2006, 01:22 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I have all pioneer speakers in my blazer. I had them with the stock deck for about a month and they sounded pretty good. Now I have a pioneer deck also. I've always heard that pioneer and polk audio are the brands to go with if you want good quality speakers for a good price. Amping them would be a good idea too. I don't know what size yours are, but mine are all 6.5's. They sound awesome with heavy metal and any rock music, pretty good with techno, but they struggle with rap. Pioneer makes low watt amps for this purpose. I'm going to do that myself when I put in my system. 3 10's and a 1200 watt amp. I can't wait! Check wal-mart for the best prices, or even there's some good ones onebay. Just be careful though, my suggestion if you go that way, buy them from an ebay store, so that way if anything goes wrong, you can return it to them, but it's your call really.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:35 PM

i heard a lot of people saying pioneer. even the people i've talked to at work say pioneer is the way to go. i don't wanna change the head unit cause i like the stock look. well if my truck were a pontiac then it would look better lol. i have seen some good pioneers at wally world, but havn't gotten enough money to get them.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

ive got sony xplods and like them alot they have a good bass to them alot better then the stocks one that where in it but you might want to check them out too