Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Rear Speakers in 97 4dr Blazer not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Beginning Member
pctechdude is on a distinguished road
Default Rear Speakers in 97 4dr Blazer not working

New here and of course I have a slight issue.. Issue is with my rear speakers in my car. On the factory deck and my alpine deck cda-9831 neither of the rear speakers work, not even a little. I am assuming they are blown completely? I checked all wiring and it is correct and even hooked my alpine deck up in another car and the rear output was fine. So how hard is it to remove the door panel and look at my issue or is there something else anyone can think of? If you have a great idea feel free to text me, 740-262-4508.

Thanks,
Andy

Old 11-24-2009, 12:22 PM
bsullins is on a distinguished road

i have the same prob with mine!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Beginning Member
pctechdude is on a distinguished road
Smile Update on rear speakers

Ok so I took the liberty of removing the rear door panels and checking the wiring and speakers. Everything seemed to be fine except no sound. So I wired up a speaker from a broken radio to test. I turned the car on and turn on the radio, faded all sound to the rear and connected the wires from the speaker to the cars rear speaker and what do you know...I had sound coming through. So my assumption was correct, they are blown, both rears for some reason. I spoke with a good friend of mine who works installing car audio and he stated that it is notorious for the rear speakers to just die in the blazers.

So it looks like some new rear speakers and possibly all the way around. Can't wait to do this all over again!!! lol