Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Stereo Wiring and Install Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Starting Member
StLouisCPhT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hillbillyinOhio

For 2002 up blazers the wiring is as follows:
Radio 12v orange+radio harness
Radio Ground black-radio harness
Radio Ignition dk. green+radio harness
Radio Illumination gray (dimmer)+radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on N/A
Power Antenna N/A
LF Speaker +/- tan - gray+,- radio harness
RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green+,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow+,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue+,- radio harness
On my 2002 4dr Blazer LS 4x4 (build date 12/2001), I found two extra wires in the bottom 6 pin connector on the factory wiring harness. Interestingly, the wire harness kits made by both Metra (AW-WHGM2) and Scoche (GM02B) leave that connector block completely empty (a little TOO GM universal if you ask me). I was curious so I tried connecting the remote on wire from my Dual XML8100 to each of them. The first wire at pin 11 is the SCV wire. The 2nd wire at pin 14 however seems to be the proper wire to attach to. At the very least I have had no issues with loss of AM/FM signals since I did the installation almost 6 hours ago.

To clarify, my Blazer does NOT have a power antenna installed, just the old fashioned, traditional mast antenna. But the wire at pin 14 was the only one that will allow my 8100 to maintain reception of AM/FM signals. I did use the method of splicing into the ignition wire, but after forgetting to manually turn off my stereo last night and waking to a dead battery I decided I needed to find a better way.

(edited to clean up my original post as well as confirm what the wire at pin 11 is used for)

Last edited by StLouisCPhT; 09-09-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Starting Member
langean123 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevy01gold
ok this is getting me to go insane.... i think i blew the fuse for the stereo in my 01 4wd blazer. ive tried finding the fuse it is. idk where it is. please help me or tell me which fise number it is so i can listen to my stereo! its killing me. thanks
Have the same problem in a 98. Did you ever find the fuse location?

Old 09-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road

i got a mount for 95-97 blazer its the one with the mount spots on top not the side. it used to put an after market cd player in

Old 09-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Beginning Member
Tdotblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i would like to get all speakers up and running at the same time
i have a 1998 blazer, 4 door.
the dash speakers work ok
but the rest don't seem to work, and on of the rear door speakers work once in a while. I did notice that if i flick the door lock switch back and forth, i get sound from one of the rear speakers
any suggestions?

Old 09-12-2010, 10:10 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

rip your door panels off and check the wiring on the speakers. if the wiring looks ok than you probably need some new speakers

Old 09-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Beginning Member
serpico1 is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring Help

I own a 2000 Chevy Blazer with a factory am/fm cd player and also has a factory cassette player installed on floor in center console, I removed the radio which lists it as a Delco model # 09383045. It has what appers to be a large plug that almost looks like two plugs together with a bunch of wires. then there is a smaller plug with about 5 or 6 wires near the antenna plug. the wiring harnesses i have seen online dont look like they will work with all those wires.

I want to hook up a Pioneer am/fm/cd stereo, model DEH-p940

does anyone know the wiring schematics? or knows what the right wiring harness is for this model?

Thanks

Old 09-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Beginning Member
EPCII is on a distinguished road

99 blazer 4x4 here. Looking to install my aftermarket head unit that DOES NOT have illumination or dimmer wires. Can anyone help me? It's made by Dual.

Also, I think I'm one of those who has a dark green ignition wire. And, I'm confused on the colors that people are describing. I have two blue wires, four greenish wires, and what looks like a pink wire. I don't know what the heck is going on, lol.

I'm surprised there aren't any pictures of these installations...

Last edited by EPCII; 09-19-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Beginning Member
tiw1990 is on a distinguished road

when you reinstall a factory radio does it matter which slot you put the factory plugs into the factory radio or do you have to put them in the right slots?
I have a 95 blazer and i reinstalled the factory radio but it dosent come on and neithier does the over head thing that tells you what direction and what the tempature is

thanks

Old 09-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Beginning Member
EPCII is on a distinguished road

Yes, it does matter that they're in the right slots. You may have blown a fuse in the process. That's probably why your overhead panel isn't working.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:03 PM
hazenf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

Wondering if someone can help me out here. I've got an 05 Zr2 and I'm about to install a Pioneer aftermarket in place of the stock 6 disc. I have the mount kit and the antenna modification to the Motorola aftermarket hookup, but I need some sort of wiring harness which clears error codes and such having to do with some functions being routed through the stock deck.

This module/harness is $130 from futureshop, but I'm not sure exactly what I'd be paying for, and if there's a cheaper alternative. None of the sales reps knew what it does, so I'm done listening to them and I've come to the experts.

It would seem from hillbillyinOhio's first post that I need:
24 PIN GM HARNESS 98-08 p/n:70-2003 from Metra Electronics and
2000 MTRO/PRZM/TRKR Harness p/n GM05B from Scosche

Is this all I need? Much appreciated in advance!

**edit, ok, it looks like 70-2003 and GM05B are the same thing, what is required is some door chime module from Scosche, is p/n GM09SR the correct one??

Last edited by hazenf; 10-22-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: new info

Quick Reply: Stereo Wiring and Install Parts