Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Stereo Wiring and Install Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
05Blazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Stereo Wiring and Install Parts

hmmmmm

Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
bzmotoninja83 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: westphal

You seem to know a bit about wiring. Wondering if you could answera few questions? Got a 97 s-10 blazer. Im installing a in dash dvd/cd player. If it helpsthe brandisa VP3 and model is VRVD630. Got everything hooked up and running besides the picture on the screen. It wont allow picture because I need to connect a wire to the parking break that disables the picture whenever the vehicle is not in park. Where is that wires closest point to the dvd player and what color would it be?
Andy
try runnin it to the wire thats on your parking brake. there is a switch that is attached to it.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Beginning Member
LAWDOG is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told by an install guy that you cannot replace a factory Bose deck in an 01 Blazer without replaceing all of the factory speakers. Any truth to this?

Old 09-17-2008, 12:58 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

not at all.....my buddy has a bose system in his truck with an aftermarket HU.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Beginning Member
LAWDOG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Beginning Member
01Jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the Delco Bose system in my 01 Jimmy like? It's hard to find information on it without paying. For instance, it has 6 speakers, but how is everything wired up under the dash? The display, controller, and CD player (head unit?) are on the dash but where are the amps? I've heard that each speaker has its own amp.

I want to keep the original system but add a subwoofer and amp. Wondering what is the best way to achieve this. Perhaps finding the high level wires (going to the speakers) and splicing in a high to low level converter to send a signal to the sub amp. Where is the harness then, close to the speaker amps, I suppose? The rear speakers also don't seem to have any bass, wouldn't want to hook the converter up the these speakers probably. Is there a way I can get a low level signal, perhaps between the head unit and the amps? I heard that the Delco Bose system doesn't have low level RCA outputs.

Maybe I should get the pros to do my install, since the system has security feature andshould disable the airbag system if I want to work on the sound system?

Finally, can anybody can suggest a good high to low converter (or bad ones for me to avoid)? I'm in Canada. Thanks!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:08 PM
rogggg1020 is an unknown quantity at this point

i had an 03 trailblazer and i have an 99 suburban and both has bose and the only way i could get anything to hook up to it was with a converter hooked to the front speakers out put off the h/u cause the rear speakers has built in bass blockers to kill most distortion if i still have the wire diagram then i might be able to scan it for you and pm it to you if i get my scanner working again i hope just make sure your amp gain settings is matching to the amp settings so you dont blow the amp most are 2 volt,i will check and see if i still have those diagrams for the stereo but i got them thru crutchfield thats where i get all my stereo stuff too they provide master sheets and diagrams just make sure you use the front channels on the h/u

Old 10-29-2008, 12:42 AM
fattyfatty is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 01Jimmy

What is the Delco Bose system in my 01 Jimmy like? It's hard to find information on it without paying. For instance, it has 6 speakers, but how is everything wired up under the dash? The display, controller, and CD player (head unit?) are on the dash but where are the amps? I've heard that each speaker has its own amp.
I'm 99% sure that your factory amp is located under the center console. Probably the best place to get your speaker signal is from the speakers themselves, but I don't know how the Bose amp will like having your amp tied in.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:04 AM
BrthEZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Have an 04 blazer tried using specs to installhead unithave nofactory plug connected to wires need color code for factory wires to splice aftermarket harness.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:25 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

what do you mean you have no factory plug??

Quick Reply: Stereo Wiring and Install Parts