Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

sub angles

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:58 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: sub angles

so was i.. i was also stating my oppinions on the RE SE12's as i run a pair right now.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:01 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

o ok

Old 10-01-2008, 11:21 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

Please, whatever you do, DO NOT buy any of your audio gear from egay. That is the absolute worst place to buy electronics. I would go to walmart over egay any day.

Ive not hear d the REs but have heard good things about them. I have personal experience with the daytons. I would take one of those daytons over a JLW7 any day of the week. The W7 is a hard woofer to beat.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:09 AM

i've bought pretty much everything audio related off of ebay. as long as you buy from a reputable seller there really is no problem. I've had my stuff over 2 years and it's still working just like new.

what daytons are you talking about? the HO series? I LOVE the 10" ones i had one 10" in a 1.25cube @ 35hz in my old contour and LOVED it. They have AMAZING SQ but they aren't that good at the SPL department. I would say the SE12's are a little under the HO SQ but they are lightyears ahead of it in the SPL department, they are a great daily woofer. I had a SX 15 before I got the SE"s and it was loud as **** but didn't sound all that great. RE is a solid choice for price vs performance. I would also check into audioque and Fi, even mach 5 and SSA.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:50 AM

Actually, the HF series daytons this time. They are very similar to the HOs. Same design and build quality. i can see where you are coming from talking about a single, maybe even 2 of the daytons not being all that great in the SPL area. But trust me, 4 of these puppies is enough for anyone. A buddy of mine had 4 of the HO 12"s in 4 seperate tiny enclosures (.8 cubes) and a pair of the JL 1000 slash series amp in a newer full sized tahoe. He hit 148 at the dash while competing for sound quality (at the time they still did SPL measuring).

Old 10-02-2008, 10:27 AM

i'm sure 4 would be pretty loud. But I would much rather go with 1 or 2 solid drivers because not everyone wants to have the whole back filled with a box. No offence to people who do it but if your looking for any room left i'd just go with a single sub setup.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:13 PM

did you even look at the OPs enclosure design? Its very nice!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 PM

so what guage wire do you think for the 3 amps. I was thinking 0 or 2 and then splitting it into 2- 4 guage for the 2 amps then an 8 guage for my speaker amp. This is the amp i have for the speakers http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=5304 I know it isnt anything special but it works good and i bought it from a freind for $30

Old 10-02-2008, 07:49 PM

4ga. PDX amps do not need anything more than 8ga. The lightning audio you already have probably coudlnt even burn up a peice of14 ga wire lol. So I wouldrun 4ga and split it up into 3 8ga wires for each amp. If you can, I would hide the LA amp and show off the 2 PDX amps. You have a lot of space inbetween those 2 enclosures to come up with a nifty amp rack system. Play around with some ideas and see what you can come up with. Make sure you run your wiring nice and neat and use a lot of zip ties. The zip ties with the screw holes in them kick **** so use them where you can.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:38 PM

Ya the LA amp will defiantly be hidden. I plan on taking out all the interior and putting some kinda sound deadening in. I will run all the wires at the same time. What do u recommend for sound deadening. I still dont know what to do with the other 2 amps. I can fit one in the oppening in the box but dont know what to do with the other. I want them both to be visible and under plexi with some kinda red LED lighting. Any ideas?
Were can i find all the wiring i need along with a cooling fan.
When i do the big3 what guage wire should i use.
Also according to this https://blazerforum.com/m_40326/tm.htm i should use 1/0

Quick Reply: sub angles