Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

sub box location

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: sub box location

ORIGINAL: felonyblazer96
to have it sound better from outside?
Other than annoying rattles, being concerned with the way you car sounds like on the outside is for ignorant high school kids...

Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes lunchbox thats where it comes from..im clueless

Old 11-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

hey cloak its not anything to show off its so people dont look at my truck like it sound slike **** so if you dont got a answer to my question keep your comments to yourself

Old 11-27-2007, 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: felonyblazer96

hey cloak its not anything to show off its so people dont look at my truck like it sound slike **** so if you dont got a answer to my question keep your comments to yourself
I appolgiese for the misunderstanding but your original post wasnt very clear...As far as the rattle goes try to pinpoint the culprit and get some matting or padding between what two objects are interacting...

Old 11-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned

would i half to put padding inside of the black window molding or outside of it? im very confused..thanks

Old 11-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

well ifeel stupid lol, just check all your screws and theres alwasy gonna be a little vibration when you put speakers that big in a little cabin, people can argue agasint me wat they want this is he experience i had, in some cars theres just alot of vibration, o btw look at the door handle mechinism in the rear hatch thats where i narrowed my vibration area down to

Old 11-27-2007, 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

do this, remove all door pannels and rear hatch, tighten all visible botls and look for the hidden ones as well, then tape all of the wires including the washerfuild feed tightly down to the door, replace all door pannels, that helped alot in mine. also those two black things(when you open the rear hatch you see them on both sides of truck they are near top, i believe they let ssudden compessions of air out, which is why they make so much nosie) just stuff weather srtipping in them so they cant bounce up, MAKE SURE you leave at least one window atleast 2 inches open when you have the subs up high, becasue of the compression they casue within the cabin. and think of this logically, i have 2 12"'s ay 1700w no matter how much you insulate there is always gonna be a little viberation, o and opening the rear glass works extremely well, i even made a little cliop that will hold the galss open like 4 inchs, this works becasue it lets the sudden compresion the speakers create in the cabin out, and dont casue everything to shake which leads to viberation
In no way did this make any logical sense nor did it help aid to the solution of the OP's issue...

We are all now dumber having read this post...

Old 11-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Banned

appreciated it tippman made sense to me..do you kno how to remove them plastic pieced on side of the hatchglass?

Old 11-28-2007, 12:59 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

not that everyone should have perfect grammar, but please make your post somewhat read-able. It doesn't take that much longer to finish typing, then go back, re-read what you just typed, and then hit the post button. I mean, are you two even looking at your screens?

Old 11-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Banned

i explained it how i did and i got the answer and help i needed so i dont kno where your comingfrom

Quick Reply: sub box location