Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

subwoofer box build

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:30 AM
destroyerzx1 is on a distinguished road
Default subwoofer box build

Hello all this is my first post and well I just finished this project last weekend so I thought I'd show you all my box build. I wanted something that wasn't going to take up a lot of space because I want to be able to use the space in my jimmy for other things. so I bought a 10w3v3-2 and a a1200 JL amp. the box is 14x18x8.5 on the bottom and 10 on the left hand side with a 124 degree angle cut I spent a lot of my time cutting various pieces to make sure all my measurements were right along with the angles the bottom cut (8.5) is 124 degrees so I cut a 28 degree cut and the top end was a 17 degree angle cut. the way you figure out the angle cut is take what the angle is ex:124 divide by 2 the minus 90 and that will give you 28 once I found that info away I went. anyways here are the images of the box being built and installed
CLICK TO ENLARGE

Old 07-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

I wish my interior came out easily....(gotta finish dynamating)

The box is cool tho, I am in the hunt to find a better way to run my wiring through the box, and the ideas i find help a ton....

whats the coating on the enclosure?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Banned
Topsecret66 is on a distinguished road

Nice build. I'm looking to build a false floor to a lined and glassed sub enclosure with a internal amp rack.. Good read and pics! +

Old 07-23-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by taba5
I wish my interior came out easily....(gotta finish dynamating)

The box is cool tho, I am in the hunt to find a better way to run my wiring through the box, and the ideas i find help a ton....

whats the coating on the enclosure?
its hurculiner my jimmy is line-x inside and out (all the panels were removed, line-x is a great sound deadener btw ) but to have things line-x is exspensive and a can of hurculiner goes a long ways. If you use hurculiner though and you want to save the roller that came with it put the roller in a small ziplock bag and then fill it half way or a lil more with acetone and the roller wont dry with the hurculiner on it.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:59 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by taba5
Do you mean the speaker wire running inside the box or the speaker wire going from the amp to the box. I've seen some people run bolts through the wall of the box, and use ring terminalson each side to run wire to the wire terminals on the subs. Best thing about this is if you have multiple subs, you can change the ohm load on the amp without pulling the subs out of the box. Just swith the wires on the bolts.

Other than that can't think of too much.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Do you mean the speaker wire running inside the box or the speaker wire going from the amp to the box. I've seen some people run bolts through the wall of the box, and use ring terminalson each side to run wire to the wire terminals on the subs. Best thing about this is if you have multiple subs, you can change the ohm load on the amp without pulling the subs out of the box. Just swith the wires on the bolts.

Other than that can't think of too much.
huh thats an interesting idea never heard of that before. I myself just drill a hole where the wire barely fits through the put silicone around the wire and pull it and extra inch or so, so that the silicone is within the hole then silicone the back side. I hate those plastic screw on terminal things. I like that bolt idea though I'll keep that in mind for future installs

Old 07-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

i drilled and siliconed both sides, i did heavily sit on the idea of bolts.... i didnt have anything in my nuts and bolts collection that would work to my liking however