Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

subwoofers

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 01:42 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: subwoofers

I can't get a 15" speaker cause according to audiophyl im gonna need at least 3000 watts rms to even make it sound good!!! LMAO... Nah just playin. That does seem like a nice speaker but it's a little out of my price range.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:21 AM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point

You said you wanted to port the box so I didn't figure SQ was your goal. Count on a 15 being about 1 and a half times a 12. I thought people stopped believing 12's sounded better years ago? ****, I wish more companies made an 18.

Old 01-21-2006, 03:00 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I'm leaning toward the 15" im not to worried about SQ. I want it to boom. I won't have the bass in the corner all the time though. Depending on what kind of music im listening to i would turn down the bass some and i think it would sound pretty decent. I also like the fact that 15s extend to lower frequency.

Don't get me wrong I want it to sound good. Maybe it won't sound as good as some 12's but I think it will sound pretty good and it will also be able to really boom hard when I'm feeling like it.

Old 01-21-2006, 03:20 AM
85FSBSilverado is an unknown quantity at this point

If they had the Tempest out, it'd be about $150 shipped, I think, for the new one.
http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~aco...re_15_tempest/

And here's the clip of my Tempest:
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/230353//Tempest.AVI
It would push my back glass on the Bronco out pretty good. I have a 4cu.ft. box for it, is the only problem, so it takes up a lot of space when I had it.

I think I'm gonna get another Tempest and sell my Alpine Type-R.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:20 PM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember, I said one 15 is like 1.5 12's. The 15 will probably go slightly lower but I think 2 12's in a slot ported box ( a big one if you wanna go low ) would be louder than 1 15.

Old 01-21-2006, 09:48 PM
LittleDan911 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm With HCCAFan.....I Had 2 12" And Wow It Was Loud.... A Lot Louder Than 1 15"... And My 12's Sounded Better..But Now I'm Down To 1- 12" Stroker .... Just Gotta Get My Amp

Old 01-22-2006, 05:27 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 85FSBSilverado

I say a single 15" Adire Audio Brahma. New line just came out and available:

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~aco.../adire_brahma/
ooo, you seem to know your stuff. brahmas = yuuuummmmmmm

Old 01-23-2006, 05:10 PM
sonicbo0m is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want loud, hard hitting bass, and save some space...go with the kicker solo baric L7's. The square design will out perform any round speaker same size. Ex:

L7 8" sub hits harder and sounds better then a round 10"
L7 10" sub hits harder and sounds better then a round 12"
L7 12" sub hits harder and sounds better then a round 15"

One of my friends has 2 12" L7's in a ported box and it slammed! way better then 12's and 15's with round design.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:31 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: sonicbo0m
...go with the kicker solo baric L7's. The square design will out perform any round speaker same size.
do you have any proof of this? cause ive seen setups with 8's and 10's that could kill some L7 setups in SPL. when it comes to dB's undoubtably, the box is the most important aspect of the system. What sub you get makes a difference (for example, the s12L7 has more surface area than a regular round 12" sub), but you cant say that L7s will kill any other 12's

Old 01-23-2006, 08:53 PM
sonicbo0m is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, my bad not ALL round subs, but unless your talking high dollar subs, then the kickers are awesome. Yes the box does make a difference, however reguardless of what music you listen to, the solo baric is good for all kinds. And the set ups that could "kill" a person, howmany subs were used? and was is compaired to an equal amount of square subs? doubt it. Plus I don't think blaze is looking to kill anybody, just get good bang for the buck. In which case the kickers again are awesome.

Quick Reply: subwoofers