Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

summer wall build

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
slammed95blazer is on a distinguished road
Default summer wall build

well since its the summer and im in need of some new audio, i figured i do a wall. Im going with coustic audio 12's (x6) in a ported wall tuned to 32 hz. as the wall takes shape ill try to snap some pictures. this is going to be a spl setup as i will be competing. my class is the amateur extreme class ( not much of a challenge, and will easily take home some trophy's) all door speakers will be upgraded along with all wiring and blah blah blah. if i cant get any pictures of the build i will fer sure take a few videos after its complete.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:27 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Sounds nice if you do a clean job.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:01 PM

itll be clean. the box is getting built by a professional. and i do all my wiring. so itll all be hidden and what not.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! build it yourself haha. for a competition build up, i will let it slide. for amateur, i listen to bass while driving, i'd expect a prefab or a home made box (like i'll do late this month or next month).

i can't wait to see it, heck, i'll be in chicago in august, i might call you out

Old 07-06-2010, 10:16 PM

ehh im not too big on prefabs and when it comes to me building a box... id rather have someone that knows how to do it build it lol. and yah its a spl/ comp build. and if yah wanna call meh out go ahead. lol. im hoping itll be done by august.... oh and i listen to bass all the time while driving, and i still will. the only reason im doin this is cause im sick of 2 12's. and the guy thats doing the build wants someone to sponsor and events ( ill be the first he sponsors). so he offered to help and gave me a great price for it all. 500 for all 6 subs, box built and installed. all the other little things ill do. its common sense lol.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:52 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

TRUE! i hate you for that setup. where in Chicago are you? my brother lives right by the Hancock building

Old 07-07-2010, 12:12 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Thats a sweet deal and sounds like it will look nice. I hate a lot of people where I live put in big sound systems but you can see all the wiring hanging out and everything and it just looks horrible.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:40 AM

im about 25 minutes south of the city.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

$500? for the box, subs, and build? All you have to do is wiring and buy the amps?...

You lucky bastard. If he's ever in the tri-state (ohio, kentucky, wv) area I'll let him do a 4-15's below the glass build for that price installed lol Really though.
When I saw "summer wall build" on the forum page, I think I smiled like a kid next in line at the ice cream truck. Really lookin foreward to this progress along. Good luck, and pics and video when/if you get a chance.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:44 AM

oh ill have pics and vids fer sure. and when its all done ill be doin loads of demos. im extremely excited. going from 2 12's to 6 is a big thing for me lol. my only problem is it an spl build.... it looks like its time to get a billion tweeters mounted somewhere... oh and amp wise. im keeping my single kenwood 1800 for now. the subs are only 250 watts rms. yah i know theyll be underpowered for a bit but amps are second priority to me right now.

Last edited by slammed95blazer; 07-07-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Quick Reply: summer wall build