Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

system from silverado to blazer

Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 PM
mrafindley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default system from silverado to blazer

Hi all
I want to take my head unit that is a flip up touch screen dvd player all door speakers tweeters in the columns and subs from my 01 silverado and put in my 95 blazer. Everything should work except the fact that I will be blocking my vents with the unit fliped up and the sub box that is under my back seat won't fit in the back. Now Everything in my 01 truck was professionally installed when I lived in Texas 2 years ago. I know I can unhook everything and hook everything back up but where does a man find a speaker box that will have the same quality sound as the one I am used to without taking up all left over space in the truck?

Also my silverado has a flip down tv/dvd player for the passengers in the back that I don't see any room to put it in the blazer also I have 2 power inverters for the playstaition and the x box that i know i can put somewhere.

I was thinking of screens in the back of the front seats but not sure how to do that cause of the way the head rest are.

I guess what I am looking for is pictures of other blazers with tv's and sound systems in them that are permantly mounted so insurance covers them if they get ripped off. and not the 30 dollar speaker boxes you get from wal mart

Old 01-01-2009, 02:44 AM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: system from silverado to blazer

you can check my cardomain out i posted my pics in there. As for the tv's i fabed up a custom box and put1 7"inch lcdwhere the ash tray is and i have a flip down mounted in the rear on each side left and right (no pics of right yet just got it) there right next to the overhead console. I used a block of wood and screwed them up into the block of wood so i didnt have 2 drill threw my roof. and for the subs my box is sealed on my p3's now but im gonna get a ported 1 soon. Find a place nere by you that can make youa custom box. Print off specs 4 the subs and the shop can build you a box. Probably around $200 dollars

Old 01-03-2009, 01:35 AM
TehFattie is an unknown quantity at this point

You can check Sonicelectronix.com for a box, but you're much better off having one commissioned.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:30 PM
needshocks is an unknown quantity at this point

i know you can order on line new head rest that fit in the stock location and will plug in to the coax ports on the x box and PlayStationas for the box you could make one or have you looked a all ready made one on line