Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

tweeter interference

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 PM
95BlackBetty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tweeter interference

I need help with this head scratcher, please. Its driving me crazy.I just replaced the stock tweeters and mids in my 95 Blazer with some Lanzar's Heritage series(dash and doors only). The power wire and amp turn on are running down the driver's side. The RCA's and speaker wire are running down the passenger side.In the driver's side tweeter there is a distortion that Ican't getrid of. It doesn't matter whatlevel thevolume is at. The distortion is onlypresent in theleft speaker. The right side is clear as a bell. My biggest concern is where the power wire comes through the firewall and the left speaker wires cross. They don't run along side each other, only cross perpendicular. Could this be enough to cause an interference?? What can I do to fix this?? In order to enjoy my tunes(cleanly & clearly) I have to crank the balance all the way to the right. Please help. Thank you in advance for your help. Much appreciated.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:07 AM
eshballa5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: tweeter interference

do you have capacitors in line (bass blockers) maybe they are bad. i wouldn't think that your power wire would do anything that terribly bad

Old 07-09-2008, 12:41 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

speaker wires do not pick up ANY audible noise from power wires. There is either a problem with the tweeter or your install. Make sure none of the wires are grounding out anywhere.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: bobditts

speaker wires do not pick up ANY audible noise from power wires. There is either a problem with the tweeter or your install. Make sure none of the wires are grounding out anywhere.

Do you think that the tweeter is blown? Should I replace the wire with a high quality shielded one?

Old 07-09-2008, 07:21 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

tough to say without listening to it. I would triple check your install first. Make sure none of your wires have any stray strands touching any metal or anywhere they arent supposed to.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:01 PM

Thank you for your help. I will be going through the wiring this weekend. Once I find the gremlin, I will follow up with the results.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:39 PM

Well, finally took a closer look at the wiring. I inspected every inchand they turned up alright, no cuts or scrapes or anything of that nature. I did discover though that the amp channel that was powering those speakers is shot. So now, I am looking into repair as opposed to replace.

Has anyone had repair work performed on their amps before?? Is it worththe time and effort?

Old 07-20-2008, 07:07 AM

Sorry, should have done a search first about amp repair before posting the question. Found all sorts of info on amp repair.