Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Vss?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:49 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vss?

So I replaced my stock speedo with an autometer guage. My quesiton is, what should I do with the VSS that was attached to the rear of the stock speedo?

Here are a couple pics.

here is the actual piece (sensor?) that was attached to the back of the stock speedo

here is the control box that the sensor is connected to.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:01 PM

anyone?

Old 10-16-2009, 10:21 PM

no love swartlkk?

Old 10-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wrap it up and stick it under the dash... That really isn't the VSS. The VSS is what is in the trans. That would just be what drives the stock speedo.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:12 AM

what do you mean "drives the speedo"? Can I just un plug the lights from the light blue box?

Old 10-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What do you need to do with it? That is the question. Do you just want it out of the way?

Sure you could unplug and remove the blue box if you do not need anything from it.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:39 AM

well that is what Im asking. I dont know exactly what this thing does. I assume it was important since the stock speedo had it. If it wont screw with anything (the computer) if I remove it, then why did the factory even put it there?

Old 10-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Administrator

That is why I just said to tie it up. Maybe seal up the end with something, but leave it in. The end that you have in your hand in the pictures only went to the speedo. But I do not know what the box does in addition to that.

You could always unplug it and see what happens.