Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What do you think?

Old 02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do you think?

New Head Unit
New door and kick panel speakers
New Dash Speakers
Now I know none of this is anywhere near top of the line but 5 kids = budget and it sounds worlds better than the old kenwood kdc-122 and stock speakers (kick panel speakers not in yet still in the process of modifying those so I can do the install) $329 total for this setup not too horrible I dont think (and no I did not get any of it from crutchfield it was just convenient to show links, I found much better prices at a local sound shop and did the work myself) and nope no amp yet gotta finish the body repair/paint first! (But im open to suggestions for amp ideas im kinda new to the audio upgrade end of things) BUT before you go tossing out ideas I do already have a couple subs (no box as of yet) and the new head unit does have 2 sets of rca preouts. If you are offering advice check out This Link its the thread I started when I first got the subs (again I know they arent the biggest or the best, budget above all until the kids are grown lol) I dont care about loud I just want clean (mostly listen to godsmack, dream theater, old metallica, ozzy and the like)
Hope I covered everything for potential advice if I missed anything ask and ill add whatever info I can.
As always thanks for the help.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:07 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What do you think?

its not usually a good idea to mix and match different brands of speakers in the same vehicle. Each brand uses different types of tweeters and midranges which produce different sounding waves.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a pretty good hu, I had a similar one in my first car and it breathed new life into the factory speakers. As far as amps go older PPI amps are awesome for SQ and they are very efficient. You can find them on ebay, or check out your local classifieds or even pawn shops. good luck!

Old 02-02-2009, 12:55 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I have those plate speakers and they sound pretty decent at moderate levels.....but distort at higher volumes.....in my case anyway.....if i were you....id ditch the dash speakers, and add the extra cash to a better set of comps......

Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

The headunit is nice but its been discontinued...So i dunno if you will be able to get it or not. I did put one in my dads truck though and its pretty decent for what it is. Check this site out. Its got all the updated Pioneer models
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...g_account_ID=3

Old 02-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Already have it I started this thread after I finished putting everything in (except the kick panel speakers, 1st gen wasnt made with that mount so im in the process of modding them so the speakers will fit)