Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What is the maximum watt limit for speakers?

Old 06-01-2019, 11:15 AM
RedValor is on a distinguished road
Default What is the maximum watt limit for speakers?

I have a 2002, 2-door, 4WD, Blazer where it's time to replace the old OEM speakers with new ones. I have a few products in mind, but I'm trying to understand the electronic requirements I'm working with. I don't plan on replacing the AM/FM reciever yet. I still have the complete original audio deck. What are the major things I have to keep in mind choosing the correct speaker. My 2-Door Blazer has a total of 6 speakers and I plan to swap them all out eventually.

I saw ohm requirements in another thread. Would the impredence from the original audio deck make a difference with newer modern speakers?

What is the maximum watt output for the OEM electrical system in these Blazers for speakers? I see 300 watt and 400 watt speakers are common, so I'm just trying to make sure I don't over exceed the power requirements.