Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What's a good amp for this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What's a good amp for this?

not worth the cash to have highend rear speakers.....most just ditch em.

I've bought my comps and infinity's off onlinecarstereo. they came fast and in perfect condition, I'd recommend it.

Will be purchasing my next amp from them in spring or summer, or whenever I feel like dishin the cash....

Old 01-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

i have bought lots from them. I like the Kappas. Doesnt your HU have a Highpass filter??

Old 01-23-2007, 12:32 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

[align=left] Yeah i'm just a little worried about the Kappas because, I had 4 interior Kappas without a sub or anything and they didn't put up well with bass + high volume, they start to distort above about 50% volume, I guess i'm hoping they sound good with no bass going to the Kappas, and all the bass in the sub... because as you probably already know, if you turn the bass down and treble up with Kappas it's almost ear piercing clarity, not sure if that's what you want for interiors, I don't know, i'm a newbie to car audio ( never had a complete system ), and as for the highpass filter, i'm not sure, it's an Alpine 9852, my next car will be 9856 or 9857, not sure yet... I like Alpine headunits though...

edit** Well I just read some reviews on Kappas and I guess a lot of people say they have crummy bass, but with a sub they are excellent, so i'll probably be going with Kappas in all four doors once I get my blazer... Any opinions on the Alpine 9857 headunit? I will probably be getting that deck... But any info on Kappas with a woofer would be great... Because just having Kappas without anything else isn't working well...
-Justin

( One more question )
Is www.onlinecarstereo.com ( the site you guys were posting ) is that a trusted website, because i'd love to order some stuff off of their site, hence the excellent prices... Just wondering if it's legit and everythings brand new!

[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 01-23-2007, 02:56 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

you can shape your freq's pretty well with that deck.

On the Kappas, my buddy had me put them in his 06 monte carlo, 6.5s and 6x9's and he said the same thing about the low end of them, and he then had me add two infinity kappa prefect 12's and now he loves them, I dont notice the bottom endissues so much, as in the shop, we have them in the wall in one of our audio rooms, and they sound totally different in a car.

Onlinecarstereo is legit and things are new unless they say refurb.great site. if im ordering speakers, or amps, i will most likely shop there and wooferetc.com, and then on to ebay.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:05 AM

After looking at those websites it almost seems stupid to buy anything from a store like Bestbuy, Cartoys, any store that sells car audio really... Those websites have killer deals...
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-23-2007, 07:21 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Unless your in Canada, then you get raped on shipping and duty charges, lol.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:38 AM
BF Veteran

<<<<<in canada, i dont think my shipping was over $30...........I think onlinecarstereo is based outta los angeles..........i think....

same thing i thought, i bought my R's for $350 each retail about 2 years ago....I GOT RAPED!!!! I'm never buying anything retail ever agian......unless its huge, like a plasma tv......or maybe wire.....

I really like elemental designs site too, fast shipping and absolutly awesome customer service. You can chat with a rep online, at least i did when shopping for my edead....

Old 01-23-2007, 08:01 PM

www.onlinecarstereo.com says free shipping on many items, says free shipping on the type-r, kappas, AND the alpine 9857, wonder if there is a catch? If not i'll be ordering from there pretty soon, heh...

Headunit installation
- Hey, how difficult / easy is it to install a headunit into a 2001+ Blazer? I have never installed a headunit and don't want to pay for installation, I can do all of the interior speakers easy, minus the sub and amp... Never done those before either~ I know in my current car, ( kia spectra ), the guy installing my deck had the steering wheel off, and just about the whole dash torn apart to install it, and he was sweating like a pig, so if it's that difficult i'll probably leave it up to an installer..
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-24-2007, 09:24 AM
BF Veteran

easy as pie, i belive only 1 piece has to come off. Then its just a matter of connecting the wires from the harness, to the deck.

I'd have to say hooking up an amp and subs isnt any more difficult, 1 power wire from the battery, 1 ground from the amp. and a remote wire from the deck......easy as pie.....

once your ready, we'll walk you through it.