Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Wiring Entire system

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:47 PM
kaejr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wiring Entire system

Whats going on guys?,
I'm new to this forum as well as this particular model car and I am looking for some insight on how to hook up my system. I have all of the parts and I know how to hook everything up, but I am looking for the best way to do it and have all wires hidden. I guess I am asking if anybody could give me info on where and how I should run my power wire? where are the best spots to pull up the carpet? what and where should I ground my amp? where should I run the rca's to the amp? (mind you that the consolethat holds the deck is in the middle of the dash.)
I have a 1999 blazer with 2 12" Kicker comp vr subs and 1000 watt Bazooka Mono block amp.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Wiring Entire system

First off, there is a grommet on pass side about where your left foot would be if you are sitting in the seat. Pull the carpet back, and you will see it. pull up the door trim panel and run the wire under it. then just tuck it under the panels in the rear and beside the back seats. for RCA's and remote wire run them under the steering column then drop it down behind the hood release. then run under the door trim panel and back. for the ground, best place in our trucks us under rear seat, on drivers side, there is a 19 mm nut.. take that out, sand down to bare metal and bolt your wire down there.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:43 AM
kaejr is an unknown quantity at this point

I really appreciate that. I took everything out of my 92 Cougar that just died (RIP[]) will all of the wiring that I had in there be enough or should I buy another kit? I guess I'm asking about how long does everything have to be? (i.e. power, rca's,remote) and if i do have to buy another kit any recommendations on brand?

Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

I always reccomend the 20 ft kits. that way you have some lee-way when you are pounting things. I would go at least 4 gauge. for the power and ground
Knu's online store
and for RCA's

Knu's interconnects

Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 AM
mx416 is an unknown quantity at this point

2nd'd on knu for wires, take a tape measure and try to guestimate if you current wires will fit, if not, they're pretty cheap at knu.

I don't know if you have a 2dr or 4dr, but when I pulled my stuff outta my car and put in it my blazer (2dr) I had plenty of extra slack for my wires