Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

[PROJECT] Fresh10

Old 12-15-2010, 09:56 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I live in PA. About 40 minutes southeast of Harrisburg.

Called my regular inspection guys since my other guy fell through. Gave me some pointers. It can't have any sharp or protruding edges. But he said throw some duct tape on them (rusted rear fenders) and if he can't feel it, I'm good. Tires are iffy but I can't find 195/75/14 used anywhere. New is just over $300. At that price I might as well get some 2nd Gen 2wd 15" rims and tires used.

Still have to do something permanent with the exhaust for it to pass. Visual inspection is for emissions only. Safety inspection will fail if exhaust gases exit underneath the vehicle, i.e. if there is a leak somewhere. I'm a little confused because people run turndowns all the time. I can get the whole exhaust redone from the manifold back with a new muffler (re-using the cat) for $150 but they can't get me in until Dec. 23rd. I really wanted to be able to take this truck to NJ to my parents' house for Christmas, but at this rate it looks like we might be taking the Buick!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Found a complete set of 14x6 rally wheels with brand new tires on Craigslist for $125. Seller was parting out a truck that a kid wrecked after putting $1100 into to get it inspected.

Inspection is set for Monday.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:27 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol yes duct tape does pass inspection good luck hope you pass, and you don't have to go through all kinds of crap like I had to...

Old 06-19-2011, 12:58 PM
BF Veteran

Truck passed, put the new/used tires on. Just been driving it back and forth to work for now to save on gas. Still planning on parking it in the winter and diving into it a little more.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:59 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

That's a nice little DD you got, and for the little you have into it, it's a steal!

Old 06-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Starting Member
kevlar974 is on a distinguished road

Nice, especially at that price. Is that a fourtech under the hood?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:46 PM
BF Veteran

Yup, good ol' 2.5 liter.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Haven't moved lately have ya? No excuses, but I will be ready to send out those brackets for you soon

Old 06-21-2011, 10:16 PM
BF Veteran

Haven't moved and no rush my friend.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:11 PM
BF Veteran

Say WAT?!?

I've been searching for a 2.5 4cyl/5 spd for my Dad since his commute is killing him in gas. Found a guy with a completely disassembled 87 S10 that he was parting out. He wanted $250 for the bed (decent price for near perfect sheetmetal) and $120 for both doors (also perfect). So I make the trip to check it out. Sheetmetal looks great, I'm checking and re-checking everything and he says, "I'll give you the whole truck for $500."

WAT

Since I was planning on spending 350 on just the bed and doors, I bit and bought the whole truck. I actually have the engine/trans combo, both doors and both fenders under that bed. Not bad Going back as soon as I figure out how to trailer the frame/cab and everything else back to my garage. Not sure if I'll just use what I need and re-sell the rest or help my Dad/brother out with their S10 projects.

Anyone in Central PA want to help unload the parts I do have into my garage? The guy had a hoist to load it when I was there, not sure how I'm getting it out by myself, lol.

Also, going along with the fresh start theme, I've submitted all paperwork to start substitute teaching. I should hear back in about a week and will hopefully start within two weeks from today.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [PROJECT] Fresh10