Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

[PROJECT] It's About That Time

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010 | 05:08 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Very nice!

Old 09-04-2010 | 09:41 PM
|
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

T-bars settled. Back to rubbing. Neeeeeeeeed ZR2 t-bars STAT!

Old 10-20-2010 | 11:46 AM
Starting Member
willie2124 is on a distinguished road

hey triple black, do you have a pic of the front of you truck?? I am looking at a brush guard of the same brand and want to see how it looks.
thanks

Old 11-29-2010 | 09:05 PM
|
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Still haven't located ZR2 t-bars or a reasonably priced ZR2 rear but still looking every day.

In the meantime: Fresh10 is here.

Old 12-05-2010 | 10:48 AM
|
BF Veteran

mdehoogh was incredibly helpful in contacting a member of ZR2USA.com for me in regards to his t-bars that he took off when he went SAS. I've been in contact and it looks like I just have to pay for them to be shipped from Washington state and they are mine!

Old 12-15-2010 | 08:47 PM
|
BF Veteran

Good news is the ZR2 t-bars are in. They are as follows:

LH 15956509 30.69mm 1883
RH 15956510 30.69mm 1883

Bad news is, I had the Wife's car in for an alignment today so she took the Blazer down to work in MD. It overheated and started steaming on her ride home. Luckily she knew to immediately pull over and shut it down. I'll check the damage in the morning.

Old 12-16-2010 | 07:45 PM
|
BF Veteran

Looked at the Blazer for a little bit today. Started up fine. Added about 2 gallons of coolant. Came up to temp. Watched the temp with the cap off as I was filling it. Nothing irregular. As soon as I put the cap on I could hear a change in the serpentine belt, like the engine was working harder. The leak seems to be concentrated on the lower driver's side of the radiator. Local parts store doesn't have a pressure tester for rent and I can't afford to buy one at the moment. I will be towing it to my new garage and parking it until after Christmas.

Maybe it will be 'bad' enough that I can start a V8 swap on it?

Just kidding. V8 swap is in the future but if I can get away with just replacing the rad and flushing the cooling system for now, I'll do it. Especially since I don't know how much snow we're in for this winter. My spidey senses are telling me it's going to be a lot.

2wd Fresh10 with an open rear, even with snow tires<Operable Blazer with 4wd and new A/T tires

Old 12-16-2010 | 07:57 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
2wd Fresh10 with an open rear, even with snow tires<Operable It's About That Time with 4wd and new A/T tires
If you're going to refer to the blue truck by its [PROJECT] name, it's only fitting to treat the white truck the same.

Sucks about the overheating though...

Old 01-02-2011 | 10:11 AM
|
BF Veteran

Replaced the rad. Advance Auto had a 20% off sale if you order online so I got one for $110 and picked it up. Got a little preturbed when the transmission cooler lines were leaking at the fittings, but it turns out a little teflon tape on the threads fixed it right up. No leaks, I have heat again, both heater core hoses are hot, no sudden spikes or drops in coolant temperature. Getting it flushed and filled this week.

Also put new rotors and pads on the rear and installed the locking lug nuts I got for Christmas.

ZR2 t-bars are in the garage. Those will be the next project, then I can finish cleaning up the fenders.

Took the brushguard off while I was replacing the rad and haven't put it back on yet. It will go back on ASAP. In the meantime here's the two trucks:

Old 01-02-2011 | 03:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Nuts... Ok, someone was going to say it!

Quick Reply: [PROJECT] It's About That Time