Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

‘02 blue 2dr blazer 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Bejaran is on a distinguished road
Default ‘02 blue 2dr blazer 2wd

Well I bought her in April 2019 barely got her inspected and title change 2 weeks or so ago. She has +240k miles.
What I’ve done:
Plugs
Wires
Steering column (some of harness was butchered)
Ignition lock cylinder
Ignition lock cylinder housing
Door panels
New Crankshaft position sensor (case relearn also) (needed spacer)
1 rear glass bracket that screws through glass
Driver side mirror
Ignition coil
Sway bar bushings
Upper control arm bushings (both sides) had to drop exhaust manifold on driver side and broke one bolt $h!t
Driver side exhaust manifold gaskets (will do passenger when convenient)
Upper ball joints
Front brakes
Coolant temperature sensor
Passenger seat
Door pins (driver side only)
Evap canister vent solenoid

Current DTC:
P0155
P0300
I plan on taking care of o2 sensor prob. before chasing down misfire. Hopefully when I take care of o2 sensor problem the misfire will go away. Also when I bought it the cap isn’t on secure due to the screw hole on distributor being broke so I’m going to see about taping it down and seeing if that has any effect to eliminate crossfire factor.

To do list so far:
New hood
Fix fuel gauge
New tires
Install MPFI spider (have spider)
Install door locks (currently don’t have key to lock doors picked key and cylinders up from PAP)
Install door latch (mainly just need door lock rod clip but I picked up whole assembly)
Install dome light
Install radio/speakers/back up cam. (No radio or speakers)
Install heater core (bypassed when I purchased so I assume it’s bad)
Dash (hopefully I can do it while I do heater core)
Maybe new console
New weatherstripping for doors
Door pins on passenger side
Radiator flush
Motor mounts
Rear brakes
Eventually paint job
Oil change

Last edited by Bejaran; 08-11-2019 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Forgot some stuff
Old 08-11-2019, 10:38 PM

Need to clean up spider also read online about soaking o2 sensor in gas to clean it? Anyone heard of or done this? What are your thoughts.

Drives great idles rougher than normal but not extreme

Also need new front bumper

Old 08-13-2019, 11:42 AM

Just a little update I removed o2 sensor and realized I grabbed the wrong o2 sensor from PAP so I put some dielectric grease on connector and reinstalled. Prior to connecting the connector back I turned blazer on to see what she would do with it disconnected and she ran really worse. So I reconnected it. Then I cleared codes and while running I disconnected spark plug wire #3 (because previously it was P0303 now it’s just P0300). When I did it ran noticeably worse and P0303 came up so I assume misfire detect is working. I taped down the cap (it’s not necessary loose but I did it anyways) and called it a day. This morning I fired her up to come to work and she idled pretty damn good while in park and in drive at the stoplights. I’m going to see what she does when I get out of work (5 more hours).

Old 08-13-2019, 06:55 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

How did she run? Maybe find a small washer? I did that with mine, holding up good. Not a parmanent fix as I plan on doing a big tune up on it soonish... hopefully before winter lol...

Old 08-14-2019, 06:42 AM

She ran pretty good both codes have returned although she does seem to be idling better than before. So you added a extra washer to o2 sensor? Yeah hopefully I do my heater core before winter lol. Also probably going to buy 2 tires this week or next. Nothing to fancy I really want these even though she’s 2wd...

Old 08-14-2019, 04:14 PM
BF Veteran

Sorry not the o2, but the distributor cap screw, the hole on mine broke as well, I managed to find a small washer to fit the little lip, I'll take a picture in a bit when i go down, for the o2 sensor, apparently there is a 90° adapter that can go there and suposibly takes the code away...

Old 08-16-2019, 06:47 AM

Well I swapped the o2 sensors around and now I got P0135 so I’ll be going to PAP Saturday return the wrong o2 sensor I have and get the correct replacement. Also while swapping them I noticed this

Torx screw driver... I left it there because I guess previous owner had it there for a reason lol it hasn’t affected anything that I could notice kinda scared to take it out
this Saturday/Sunday I’ll install the mpfi injectors

Old 08-17-2019, 07:02 AM

And so it begins

Ive known that all 4 tires were bad so I keep her under 65mph. I’m glad she didn’t completely blow out on me (although I did have to leave her on the side of the road) but she did throw a fork in my plans for today and also made me late for work lol. Come on 2:30pm I’m ready to go change o2 sensor also install door locks and latch tires and spider. Wish I could’ve just stayed home today but my bills don’t stop and I need money to work on this baby

Last edited by Bejaran; 08-17-2019 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:37 AM
BF Veteran

Oh boy... glad that didnt blow!

Old 08-17-2019, 12:46 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Crap, glad you're safe dude. I've seen blowouts on the Fury Road that is I-95 south and it is not fun.

Quick Reply: ‘02 blue 2dr blazer 2wd