Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

‘02 blue 2dr blazer 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 10:56 PM
Bejaran is on a distinguished road

Well I went to pull a part Saturday after work grabbed the correct o2 sensor (4 pin connector not pancake). I also was able to find 2 brand new spare tires (no dry rot/cracking tread looks 100%) underneath 2 diff. Blazers $20 a piece couldn’t pass up plus got me out of Jam I also grabbed some decent trim not 100% but 10 times better than what I had. I left PAP threw on one of the spares (on steel wheels) onto blazer (still on side of road) I changed o2 sensor right there also. No more P0155/0135. Still had P0300. Attempt to drive off home and I smell some burning rubber and my dad flashes me down. Pull over and side wall of tire is rubbing change off with another tire I grabbed from PAP for my dads s10 (on aluminum wheel) coast it home. Then go back into town with blown tire/wheel get the good tires of the steel wheels and onto aluminum. Sunday installed door locks (driver and passenger) (I can finally lock doors) installed door latch (driver)(I can finally open door from outside). Installed MPFI spider. Fired her up running like a champ. Take her to town (30-40 miles) CEL not set but P0300 comes up on scanner. CEL starts flashing then disappears. CEL finally sets P0303. Get home Install ac Delco iridium plug #3 and call it a night will see how she acts in the morning. Anyone have p/n on this dome light? I believe the headliner was replaced it’s in really great condition and I also found a receipt for head liner mine appears to only take the small POS light

Old 08-21-2019, 11:02 AM

Replaced thermostat last night and stumbled upon a connector behind reservoir can anyone identify?

Old 08-23-2019, 09:15 PM

So today I was at Walmart and my wife daughter and Rottie stayed in the blazer why I handled some business (ac running blazer idling). When I returned I immediately noticed the blazer was running hot about 240*F so I shut her off (I could hear the coolant/water bubbling also) checked for leaks. No signs of coolant loss or leaks in radiator I called my dad he suggested looking at fan clutch and he came and checked it out and said it appears to be normal once she cooled down a bit we removed radiator cap and she was full of coolant reservoir was full also. So I let her cool down some more and drove her home she stayed at 210*F the entire ride home except for when I stopped and she idled in drive for a bit she peaked a bit over 210*F. My dad suggests my new thermostat might’ve been faulty (it is the gates brand OE 195*F temp oreillys didn’t have acdelco in stock) anyone else had a similar issue before? I’d also like to throw in that the heater core is bypassed (by previous owners) so that’s out of the equation

Old 08-23-2019, 09:53 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bejaran
So today I was at Walmart and my wife daughter and Rottie stayed in the blazer why I handled some business (ac running blazer idling). When I returned I immediately noticed the blazer was running hot about 240*F so I shut her off (I could hear the coolant/water bubbling also) checked for leaks. No signs of coolant loss or leaks in radiator I called my dad he suggested looking at fan clutch and he came and checked it out and said it appears to be normal once she cooled down a bit we removed radiator cap and she was full of coolant reservoir was full also. So I let her cool down some more and drove her home she stayed at 210*F the entire ride home except for when I stopped and she idled in drive for a bit she peaked a bit over 210*F. My dad suggests my new thermostat might’ve been faulty (it is the gates brand OE 195*F temp oreillys didn’t have acdelco in stock) anyone else had a similar issue before? I’d also like to throw in that the heater core is bypassed (by previous owners) so that’s out of the equation
Mine does this every time I drive it. At around 235°F or so you hear the fan clutch kick in with a mighty wooosh and it cools down pretty quick. I know something isn't right but I'm not sure what. I've changed everything related to the cooling system with the same results. My 03 S-10 doesn't do any of that nonsense. Runs the exact same temp whether I'm standing still with the a/c on in 105 degree weather or cruise down the highway on a 70 degree night.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:23 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Sitting, at idle, with AC on. Right there the combination of the 3 will test any cooling system.