Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:43 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I'm not going to get much done this week , a friend needs my help getting his house finished so he can move back in , hes been out of his house every since the flood . But when I got home I took my family out for supper and went to the auto parts store that my neighbor girl works at , I made out real good . I bought a lift / lowering kit that has 13 inch u-bolts and 2 1/2 lift / lowering blocks , the kit cost $60 bucks , She got them for me for $33 dollars . I wasn't even going to get them , but I was just kidding with her and asked for her discount and she said yea I'll do that for you , so I bought them . I'm going to wait on the lug nuts , its 40 dollars for 10 , and theres no way I'm paying almost $100 dollars with tax for stock lug nuts . There just like the blazer lug nuts but they have different threads . I will have to wait till Friday and go to the junk yard to get them for under 10 bucks .

Update since my last post my friend called and said he had a brush guard for my blazer for 40 bucks , I asked if it was as nice as the one I had on my old blazer , and he said better , so I had him bring it up . And here it is , I think I got a great deal .

Must be good Carma for helping a friend / flood victim get his family home , I try to help anyone whenever I can , thats how I roll .LOL

Last edited by atvwarrior; 04-03-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Adding new brush guard
Old 04-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Beginning Member
spatula6554 is on a distinguished road

That guard is going to look sick 6' in the air on the front of your Blazer.

It is amazing that even now, things are still getting put back together since the flood. Glad to hear that people are helping other people.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Nice man, can't wait to see pics.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:40 PM

We got the whole place done today , I busted butt , and it took 6.5 hours to finish the job . I didn't even take a break I just wanted to get it done so I can get back to the blazer . Yea alot of houses are still being repaired , his house is on castle gardens road , in Vestal , New York . They got flooded bad the water was 13 feet deep in that area , When the flood happened I also helped at Castle Gardens senior assisted living center it was a disaster , they lost everything , thats two places down from where I was today . I didn't even get flooded and the flood about wiped me out , the first day there we worked 17 back breaking hours and after that mandatory 12 hour days 7 days a week and we did that for 4 solid weeks . I think its the hardest work I have ever done , but when we got done my friends and I took a hellish hunting trip to the Adirondacks for a week . That trip made it all worth it we did a lot of shooting but not one single animal was harmed , I have some awesome pictures from up there .

Old 04-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Default A couple pictures with the brush guard in front of the truck .

I have a couple pictures of the brush guard , its not bolted to the blazer , just sitting there .

And heres the B&M ratchet shifter I bought tonight retails for $195 and I bought it for $50 bucks and a little smoke .

I bought the ratchet shifter off a friend who just put a standard transmission in his mustang , and he has two engines sitting the one is a 302 and the other is a 351 with aluminium heads and they both have awesome parts on them , including the shorty headers , I want them .

Old 04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Default Steering box

I have read that I have to get a steering box out of a astrovan in order to move the pitman arm so it comes out up front instead of in the back like before . While that is incorrect , or at least on my blazer it is , I'm glad I checked it out before going and buying the astrovan steering box . The pit man arm is grooved to go either way forwards or backwards , I'll get pictures to show what I'm talking about .
Edit : it actually has 4 different positions it can go at , I have pictures that I'll put up tomorrow , I just got home from a friends house ( playing pool ) his dad owns the liqueur store that is right below his apartment , I had so much fun .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 04-05-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Default Pictures of the steering box and pitman arm

Like I said in my last post the pitman arm has 4 different positions it can go onto the steering box , Heres the pitman arm .

And here is a couple of the steering box

I had to get a before picture of the steering box , now its almost cleaned up and I'm going to shoot it with some chassis saver ( black ) . And heres my t handle for the ratchet shifter , Eddie had a couple of them laying around .

And the 35 super swamper thornebirds are getting delivered today , right now they are mounted on ( I believe they are called soft 8s ) maybe , I know the wheels are really light , but I have to give the wheels back , I'll get some pictures of them when I get them . I have the front end all bolted in , I'm waiting on lug nuts still and then I can drop her down .

Old 04-06-2012, 01:23 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Sick stuff! My blazer has been on hold for over a year and im itching to get back into it. Buying the new truck didnt help either, I decided to mod that the last couple months instead. I wanna see what it looksl ike on the 35s, you are going to have to do some MAJOR fender trimming... I put 33s under mine and had to do MAJOR trimming. The fronts especially bad, even with your keys maxed out, or RC keys, its still not going to be enough. You will be trimming off as much as possible, and still taking a sledgehammer to the rear edges of the front fenders and firewall to get them to not rub...

Old 04-06-2012, 01:25 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

What keys? Did you not notice the bazillion inches of lift he's got from the SAS?

Old 04-06-2012, 04:16 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Haha, yeah, He doesn't have keys on that thing anymore.

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe