Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

With my blazer , maybe I do have my hands full , but the moto-4 I can tear apart and put together in my sleep . I am a better small engine mechanic than I am at the bigger stuff , It amazes me on how a smaller part can cost more than a larger part , like a ball joint for example for a car its around 20 bucks a four wheeler its 80 to 100 bucks . Anyway I went to purchase the lug nuts this morning from another store that had them , 5.69 a piece for regular lug nuts , I passed on them and went to NAPA , 1.15 a piece . So I have all my lug nuts , now I have to get the thornebirds mounted on the blazer wheels . But for now I'm going to set her down on the 31s so I can see how much lift I have in the front , with the suspension under load . I'll post some pictures later .

Old 04-09-2012, 11:49 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

13 feet of lift is how it seems from the pics lol

Old 04-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Default She is back on all fours .

I don't think it turned out to bad , as far as lift . It doesn't look as high now that it's on the ground , Heres a few pictures .

And here she sets , these are the 31s though , the 35s will be going on soon . I also have the front brakes already working , and I should be able to get the rear working by the end of the day . I'll be back later .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 04-09-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:32 PM

I wasn't understanding why all the lift went away , when I lowered the blazer , so I did a little research and found out that there are not 4 inch lift springs . They are 4 inch super flex springs , I knew something was up because I was told they were 4 inch lift springs , he must of got confused or maybe I just heard him wrong , but heres a link to what they are . Super Flex Front Leaf Springs | Toyota, Suzuki Samurai, and Jeep Off Road Parts I can't imagine the flex this things going to have .

Old 04-09-2012, 06:49 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

shes high enough =D

Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 PM

I agree , I thought it was going to be about 4 inches higher , but the springs flex alot . I just got done in the shop for the day , I finished the rear drive shaft , it took forever but it turned out great . Tomorrow I have to get some brake line and fittings so I can get the rear brakes hooked up . And maybe I can get to Garys u pull it to get the steering box , and a few other little things . And then I have to get the transmission cross member welded up , then I can get the front drive shaft built . I'm not going to no what to do with myself after I get my truck done , I'm going to have to find another project . I think I'm going to build a 350 for a spare engine , I have a 88 full size Chevy , I don't know if I want to just build another mud truck or pull the engine and transmission and transfer case and put it in my blazer . We'll see how the 308 does , and go from there .

Old 04-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Beginning Member
spatula6554 is on a distinguished road

...he sees the light at the end of the tunnel...

It is always nice to hit a milestone in the midst of a project. Now that the Blazer is standing on its own, you need to get this thing rolling!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Beginning Member
spatula6554 is on a distinguished road

...he sees the light at the end of the tunnel...

It is always nice to hit a milestone in the midst of a project; now that the Blazer is standing on its own, you have to get it rolling!

Old 04-10-2012, 09:21 AM

spatula you and I are on the same page , I'm working very hard today , doing everything in my power to get her drivable today . I'm on my way to Garys u pull it right now to get the steering box and the steering shaft off a cherokee . I post pictures later , and if I get the brake fittings I need for the rear , maybe I can get a video of it going through the pond . I really look forward to your guys comments , I love that I can share what I'm doing and look at other peoples rides that have done this . If I'm not working on my truck or at a parts store I'm on here with you guys , I love talking about these kind of things , I could do this all day long , thanks guys .

Old 04-10-2012, 09:22 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Can't wait to see it on the 35s.

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe