Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 02:11 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

here ya go i fixed the link for ya gene =P

302 FORD in a chevy s10 blazer 4x4 - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 02:44 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Awesome thanks man I have no idea what I was doing wrong . In the video my 8 year old daughter was filming , did you notice her jump and after that she had a death grip on my shoulder , she did a real good job though . I have a few pictures of the blazer after a little test ride .

I love the way this engine feels in the blazer , very torquey , it's all starting to pay off . Also I had to take the loader over and help my buddy move his deuce and a half's into his garage so he can start rebuilding them , he made his own wheels and the tires are almost as tall as me and I'm 6'2" . I never have my camera with me when I'm over there , I did take it over last night but we just hung out in the man cave drinking some beers and watching speed channel .
And heres my first video on youtube playing on the pond . This was just a couple weeks ago. And I just figured out how to post a video , so there be more to come .
4x4 donuts on a frozen pond - YouTube

I see many people have viewed my thread but no one has indicated if my blazer looks ok or not. Not that I had actually asked but typically people will comment. Well I like it! I think it looks pretty sweet. My kids think I'm a cool mom with a cool ride! [quote by shablaze]
Hint HInt .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 02-19-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:49 PM

Sweet I just noticed I'm not a junior member , never been happier to be a senior . Today I jigger rigged me a shifter so I didn't have to climb under the truck to put it gear . It turned out pretty good , and I went up to the ford and got the speedometer cable , and I think I'm going to fab the f150 gauge cluster into the blazer . Luckely I have enough stuff to do that don't cost alot of money , so I will keep doing what I can do until my tax return gets here . I am already ahead of schedule anyway , but I want to get it done before I go back to work in the spring .

Old 02-19-2012, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Very nice work there.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Beginning Member
coop22 is on a distinguished road

It is a cool machine you have there, keep up the good work.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 PM

Thanks guys now I feel better . This morning when I was moving the blazer back over to the shop I felt a clunck in th rear end , broken universal joint , it was the old u joint that was on the blazer I just reused it ( for now until I do the SAS swap ) . So it's going to take 4 to 6 weeks to get the ORD solid axle kit once I order it so I decided to put new universals in these drive shafts for now . So now the 4 wheel drive is hooked up and working . And the I also got the speedometer hooked up , Now I have to get the throttle cable hooked up , ( right now its just ran into the cab and operated by hand , other wise I would have taken my camera and you guys for a ride . I also fixed the power steering , I just had the wrong spacer so the belt would flip over when it was running . I worked my butt off today but it didn't seem like I got much done , o well tomorrows another day .

Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 PM
wheninromeSDS is on a distinguished road

Glad everything is coming along, I love how that engine sits in there. I wish I could take her for a test! I've been following this on a regular basis, and man is it killing me! lol. Do you have any interior pictures or anything?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:18 AM

Thats awesome , thanks man , its great to hear that others are as interested in seeing this happen as me . It really encourages me to keep things moving and to share whats going on with the build . I can get some interior pictures but I haven't done nothing in there yet , its mostly full of tools and parts . I ordered some digital gauges for the gauge pod , I don't like the plastic oil pressure line , I realize I could have bought the copper line but I bought the electric one instead , that way I don't have to worry about breaking that line . I spent a couple hours polishing up the diamond plate for the fire wall , even though it's just going to get muddy anyway . Every night when I'm done working on the blazer , I set in my recliner and make a list of what else has to be done , I probably have 30 pages of notes and check lists , so a lot of thought has gone into this project . Again I appreciate the kind words .

I decided to give her a bath , so I wouldn't have mud dropping on me while working on it. This morning I brought the camera out with me and tried to video the ride over to the shop , it was a little tricky to steer and film and the other hand operated the throttle . I will look at it and if its worth posting I will .

DRIVING OVER TO THE SHOP ON TUESDAY 029_FIX.MPG - YouTube

Last edited by atvwarrior; 02-21-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Added more progress
Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

SHE MOVES

man i love the video gene =) keep up the good work bud

Old 02-21-2012, 06:41 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Hot damn that sounded really really good!

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe