Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 08:12 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I did not take my truck to the race today but I wish I did , I met several racers that had more angle on there driveshft than I do . Almost everyone of them said I have to grind out the double cardan shaft till it fits .

Old 05-14-2012, 07:05 AM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Can you take some pics of your angle? you dont see high pinion axles have that issue alot.

you can notch around the area of the ujoint that would contact the other joint, youll still go thru ujoints like crazy though. Is a clocking ring an option? Or maybe push the front axle forward more.

how you been feeling?

Old 05-14-2012, 03:18 PM

Yes I will get some pictures of the angle , it's not that bad though , heck almost every race truck there yesterday had more angle than I have . But The double cardan shaft I has blocks to stop the shaft from getting the angle I need , grinding these blocks out doesn't effect the strength of the joint at all . I already grind ed the blocks off and it gets way more angle and seems to have good rotation . With either shaft I was barley binding , so with this new found knowledge I should be able to use both style shafts . And I'm glad you mentioned moving the front end forward , I have three slots that I can move to , and right now it's all the way back , so I could very easily move it forward about 2 1/2 3 inches . And I'm feeling so much better , thanks for asking . Thanks a lot Skotti , I appreciate all your help and advice .

Old 05-14-2012, 03:29 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Yeah if you have it the whole way back id throw it in the center hole. U figure with shackles in back your tire will droop out towards the front and tuck in towards the firewall. Its actually more natural for it to be slighly ahead of the wheel opening. almost like this would be your travel / . this way if you do stuff your front tire it should most likely stuff right into the wheel opening.

No problem at all, glad your better too!

Old 05-15-2012, 07:55 PM

I have 4wd again , I barley had to grind the yoke on the transfer case . The only bad thing is I cut the old yoke to make the flange for the double cardan shaft , so I had to use the one from the 208 case , it worked but the 208 yoke is not as thick as the one that was on the 205 so the seal leaks . I am going to have to get another yoke for the 205 and grind it out a little bit and I should be good . Heres a picture of the angle of the front drive shaft , This is the u joint style drive shaft but they both will work now .

I still have some work to do on the cross member but I wanted to make sure this was going to work before I changed to much . I'm glad to be making any progress at this point , I was having a hard time there for a while .

Old 05-19-2012, 03:05 PM

Today I was out playing with the blazer ( trying to figure out the shift pattern of the transfer case ) and from front to back 4lo 2lo neutrel 2hi 4hi . I like having 2lo , my buddies 205 chevy t case has 2lo but only the front wheels move , it was built by a rockcrawler out west somewhere . Just thought I would share that with you guys plus I'm bored as heck , and theres no race this weekend .

Old 05-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Starting Member
r0k0 is on a distinguished road

wanna come in Canada to help me fix my blazer XD you wont be bored then haha

Old 05-27-2012, 03:52 PM

I have still been sick as heck , turns out it was a infected tooth , I am taking the right medicine now and feel better once again . So I had to pull a tire up on the hill left over from some landscaping , and my wife took a video of it , its nothing spectacular but the blazer sounds good .
pulling tractor tire 004 - YouTube

Old 05-28-2012, 04:24 PM

Man guys I got to say I love my blazer , I can go anywhere and not bottom out my frame , I have some videos but none of my truck . My tires sling some globs of mud , a huge chunk of heavy mud came right through my window and took the sunglasses right off my head and then covered the whole top of my beer . Heres a couple pictures of the blazer .

The front drive shaft held up very well , I am so happy that my truck drives again , it was so fun and my blazer performed awesome .

Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 AM

My friend was filming me , or so we thought , she forgot to do something because Theres no video of my blazer . It sucks to cause when she was supposed to be videoing me I almost rolled it in some deep ruts . I made this hole with my blazer .
first mud bog with the blazer 004 - YouTube

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe