Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Chevy Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 06:07 PM
ohyeahjay is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes they do. I take them off at night.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:16 PM

Front door speakers replaced. Pretty standard install, took longer to unhook the window switch/door lock harness then anything. Nice to be able to turn the bass back up again. I am saving for the rear doors now as I expect they will soon go out.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:47 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Mind me asking what bulbs you use in the headlights? Standard 9005/9006?

Old 04-17-2019, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

As well for the speakers, I got some cheap boss speakers off Amazon for 20-25 $... work deacent enough for the price. I haven't blown them yet, and I.love my bass lol

Old 04-18-2019, 05:29 PM

Just running stock bulbs, I don't drive at night much and I just leave them off for the winter

Old 07-28-2019, 07:24 PM

Been awhile since an update however I do have some things coming up for August: Two valve stem replacements, front calipers/pads/rotors replacement and an oil change this week.

Couple of questions: I have developed a squeak, seems to be power train related, hoping its something in the brakes but I am thinking it might be rear universal starting to go. Anyone have other areas to check? Seems to do it when in gear going forward

I am looking at some rims and just wondering if these will fit alright Soft 8, Steel, Black, 15 in. x 7 in., 5 x 4.75 in. Bolt Circle, 4.00 in. Backspace. I am running 235/75/15 with 1.75 rear spacers. No plans on going bigger tires.

ABS is getting sensitive, hoping it just needs the sensor area cleaned so that will be done this week as well.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:49 PM

All the work is done and although it was more money than planned, everything is good.

Squeak ended up being the rear universal as I suspected. Thanks to everyone who post these issues and fixes.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:47 PM
Ebbervonfloyd is on a distinguished road

I read with great interest all of your improvements. Nice looking Blazers Champagne color is the same as mine. The spacers on the wheels are of interest to me. I see them here is Hawaii and stick out a lot farther. I have always wondered why? Could you enlighten me? Also I wonder about your ride quality? Mine is pretty rough, but our roads here for the most part are pretty poor with bumps from earthquakes. If I get on a new road it is pretty good. But curious about your rides. I have done new tires, shocks, and bearing all around. Transfer Case rebuild and u joints good.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:59 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ebbervonfloyd
I read with great interest all of your improvements. Nice looking Blazers Champagne color is the same as mine. The spacers on the wheels are of interest to me. I see them here is Hawaii and stick out a lot farther. I have always wondered why? Could you enlighten me? Also I wonder about your ride quality? Mine is pretty rough, but our roads here for the most part are pretty poor with bumps from earthquakes. If I get on a new road it is pretty good. But curious about your rides. I have done new tires, shocks, and bearing all around. Transfer Case rebuild and u joints good.
Some people say the spacers 'feel' like you're gripping the road better, especially around corners. Otherwise, it's mainly for looks, or to fit bigger rims/tires on.

There are some rough roads here in Iowa and Nebraska, with the crazy season changes being the main culprit. I can only imagine how rough Hawaii is...also very beautiful, I bet.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:30 PM

For me it seemed like the blazer seems more planted with the spacers. My wife is not a car person and after I had them on she commented that it didn't seem to bounce around turning into our driveway as much, she asked if I did something different so if she noticed it, it must do something.

Quick Reply: 2000 Chevy Blazer Build