Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Turbo Diesel Blazer Benz mash up thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

this should be an interesting build for sure!

Old 09-05-2009, 09:33 PM
ebachrville is on a distinguished road

So just thinking over this conversion i got a hair up my butt and though a cool mod after the engine swap would be to redo the front grill with the 300d chrome benz center grille, so I went and measured it and it would fit almost perfectly.. Just ideas for after the conversion.. id have to add the bulge in the center front the benz hood.. first step is to get a driving conversion done..

This image gioves you a idea of the stock profile of the benz hood:

As for 4x4, right now, it looks like a divorced transfer case is going to cost about $500, may just pull the left and right front drive shafts and run 2wd. but leave the differential there so later I can add back 4x4 when funds allow.

I'll know more once the tear downs commence for each car.

Last edited by ebachrville; 09-05-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:59 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Interesting, I'll be following this! Good luck.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:29 AM
Beginning Member
nervousmini is on a distinguished road

Hell yea!!!

This sounds awesome. Depending on how yours turns out I may consider giving it a try - can get my hands on MB diesels pretty easy. I can just imagine the MPG potential of one of these setups.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:28 AM

OK first of many questions Im sure..

The stock in tank fuel pump in the blazer.. whats the fuel pressure of that pump? I suspect its a high pressure pump..

I have use many gasoline fuel pumps to pump diesel , they seem to do it even with diesel being a bit thicker.. but I know most modern fuel pumps are high pressure.. that would probably be bad in this case.. the benz motor has its own mechanical fuel pump (like on old gas small blocks), that sucks from the tank.. at low PSI to the injection pump..

So the second question, if it's pressure is to high, can I use the benz's mechanical pump to draw through the stock pump? OR will I have to remove the in tank pump all together?

Last edited by ebachrville; 09-06-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:36 PM

Looks like ill start ripping into the benz tomorrow. Ill take some pics as I progress.

Also i found some images of the stock blazer transfer case it looks like i can divorce that case successfully and keep the 4wd.. well se once i get to that point.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:56 PM

I did a quick photoshop of the blazer with the benz grill scaled to size, this would look pretty sweet!

Old 09-07-2009, 07:38 PM

Well, today was a bust, I didn't get any time to work on the project today like i was planning..

Old 09-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Beginning Member
dieseltwitch is on a distinguished road

I too am doing a diesel swap into my blazer. I will be interested in how you pull yours off

Old 09-08-2009, 07:54 PM

Made some progress today.. Ripped all the non essential stuff off the engine in the benz today , tomorrow I'm picking up some diesel purge to see how much it improves the old injectors, cant hurt them any and people swear by this for extending injector life.. so tomorrow I'll do the diesel purge and then continue tearing apart the Benz.

Only had a hour or so to work tonight but seems to be going fast.

Quick Reply: 2000 Turbo Diesel Blazer Benz mash up thread