Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Turbo Diesel Blazer Benz mash up thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 08:00 PM
ebachrville is on a distinguished road

OK finally got around to replumbing the gas tank... it now has one solide new line from front to back and all the way to the bottom of the tank.. It works great !!! No air!!!

Old 11-04-2009, 11:14 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Great build! Nice to see there are some people out there pushing the envelope with clever builds. I have to assume you do not have very restrictive emissions where you live. Will a bio diesel still be next?

Old 11-05-2009, 01:38 AM

Where i live there is no emissions testing.. As for the Bio diesel... ahh no, not bio diesel.. pure used veggie oil.. dual tank.. start up on diesel use the engines waste heat to heat to warm and thin the veggie oil. (im in northern climate .. and you need to have heated systems for cold temps.. in warm climates this may not be need.. depending on climate conditions..

I had a system liek this in the benz.. worked well even in sub zero temps.

As for emissions .. on veggie the emissions would be far less than a gasoline burning car.. far far less than the 4.3l gasoline engine that was in the blazer.

I take he streight veggie route as its less wastefull.. no chemicals and or waste... basically I filter the chunks out and its fuel....

A veggie syste like this makes no scence when you do very short run times onthe engien , as you wait for the temps of the engien to come to full temps before switching to veggie fuel.. the heat thins the vegtable oil to allow easly flowing through the fuel system.. these benz motors love veggie oil.. others doen do as well..

Heack these benz motors will easly run on used filtered motor oil.. I usually mix my used moor oil in with my batches of vegie oil to recycle it.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:32 PM

Tonight I just test drove the crap out of the BenzBlazer to ensure the air in the fuel system issue was fixed by my all new fuel lines.. and it is.. put about 230 miles on it today.. All flawless driving , then I replaced a couple of bulbs that needed to be replaced.. Then I filled up the tank with fuel.. got a strange look as I pulled up to the diesel pump in a S10 blazer.. I need to widen the fuel filler hole so I don't have to hold the dang nozzle in there.. didn't really think about the fact diesel nozels are bigger than gasoline so people don't put diesel in there gasers.. opening up the filler neck should not be to hard..

Now that im driving it regularly and not fearing the drive lines goin to blow up or drop out the bottom.. Ive fond a few quirks in the blazer I need to fix.. I have one speaker out in the rear doors.. and I have to do some general maintance on little things that are just minir annoyances to me but would probably never bother other people.. but this is good.. I'm worring about piddly crap now not the major stuff. I'm noticing its not starting in the cold as well as it used to years ago and most likley have a few glow plugs out.. so I think I'll replace all them next.

Then I'll get some new injectors for it.. i know those are over due for change.

And yes a video is still coming of it.. I have not forgotten that.. but were getting ready for a vacation were quite busy.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:18 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yea for SVO!

i was gonna put a system on my 'Burb (the 6.2' luv veggie too) this Summer, but since i've been laid-off since June, i've put it on hold. and since it's been put away for the Winter already, i'm just gonna do it next Spring (hopefully be able to stash some cash by then).

but, i've already bought my plates for it.

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Turbo Diesel Blazer Benz mash up thread-hpim2727.jpg  
Old 12-20-2009, 07:33 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

just noticed the other day, that there hasn't been any update on how the finishing touches went with the truck.

wonder how it's been going.................

Old 12-20-2009, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

obviously well. lets do the math:
very cool build + most details hammered out x (had it running - some small issue) = No posts for over a month and a half x X

X = Road trip!

Old 12-20-2009, 08:08 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always wondered what kinda of wierd looks I would get when I do a diesel swap on my Jimmy. lol

Old 01-23-2010, 11:17 PM

Just a update, I parked the blazer for the winter.. BUt before winter i drove it quite a bit.. works great.. Ill be continuing the build come warmer temps and getting the finishing touches and the veggie system going.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:51 PM
BF Guru

^^^ why'd you park her or the Winter?

Quick Reply: 2000 Turbo Diesel Blazer Benz mash up thread