Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Turbo Diesel Blazer Benz mash up thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:35 PM
ebachrville is on a distinguished road

Today I brought the drive shaft into the shop to mate the chevy end on the benz shaft.. should be done in a few days..

Had to work late producing a event with Marcus Buckingham so I didn't get a chance to get over to the shop , but I'm making a list of bits to get tomorrow.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:04 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ebachrville
Since this project came together as a dirt cheap project car i always leave no idea to question.. browsing the local Craig's list I came across a same gen pickup shell.. for cheap.. HMMM makes me wonder

Add a couple stacks in the bed and your really have a rig.. it probably would not be any longer than my 1 ton dually crewcab full size.. so it would be usable.

Probably wont do it but dang its tempting.
D'OH!!! didn't even see that there last night. the stretch we did was 20' 6" from front bumper to roll pan. the 6 door S15 Jimmy i had started collecting parts for (a long time ago, when i actually had time!) was (mocked up to be) 22' 4". i guess it was a good thing that issues arose with the work shop i had, 'cause i have no idea where the hell i'd keep it now! (my 'Burb only clears my garage door by 1 1/2").

Old 10-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the info. Ill have to look these 350 motors up a little bit.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:55 PM

no real progress today had a family function tonight, but i did get that adapter fro the oil pressure gauge.. That's some progress I guess..

Old 10-07-2009, 09:22 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brianator99
thanks for the info. Ill have to look these 350 motors up a little bit.
you do realize the weight of those 350 diesel's is more than a gas 350. you would get better results from doing the Cummins 4BT conversion, i'm even sure i've seen an adapter pate for using you factory trans.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

no real progress today had a family function tonight, but i did get that adapter fro the oil pressure gauge.. That's some progress I guess..

hurry up man lol, I want to see this thing running. Def going to be a first.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
hurry up man lol, I want to see this thing running. Def going to be a first.
Yeah, I really want to see it running ASAP also.. however like a fine wine, it takes time.. However I'm so close..

Old 10-08-2009, 07:09 PM

Tonight was a bust, its getting cold here and is going to drop below zero tonight so I was scrambling around doing all those needed things before a freeze, like draining the RV's tanks and flushing with antifreeze... pulling batteries from lawn equipment ect..

However drive shaft is done, and steel for the motor mounts is in.. so tomorrow I'll be gathering up all these bits in preparation for a weekend of finishing up the blazer to the point of running hopefully.. Maybe just a test drive with a 2 liter jug of diesel under the hood, but I'm determined to get it running this weekend! Maybe I'm a bit optimistic , but it's so close I can taste it.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:25 PM

Dang! I reviewed this thread and it was only a month and 2 days that I started this project.. and that was with delay upon delay upon delay!

I was really feeling like this was taking forever.. really this has been a fast build.. I live a fast paced life style I guess.. I even brew my own beer and make my own wine .. beer is fairly slow and wine is a very long process to do it right... But to think, I've almost build a turbo diesel blazer in less time than it takes to make a good batch of beer... DAMN!

Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 PM
BF Guru

.................. But to think, I've almost build a turbo diesel blazer in less time than it takes to make a good batch of beer... DAMN!

but you're not quite done yet. hope you enjoy your Columbus Day long weekend. me, i plan on getting my fill of Turkey and a slow roasted ham this weekend. good luck and enjoy.

Quick Reply: 2000 Turbo Diesel Blazer Benz mash up thread